Ford LGT 125

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford LGT 125

If any one can answer a few questions on this or has some parts (or even a doner) let me know.

At this point I have:

Rebuilt K301 engine w/ stack muffler
    Redoing the tins (blasting, mending, paint)
    recovering the seat for now, til I can get on of those SWEET newer JD ones with arm rest.
    all new bearings for wheels
    replacing all the wires and lines

Things still needed:

Front spindles (maybe even an front axle) {this is where knowledge helps if any one knows of another model that crosses or works with this tractor like from a cub or something like that}

Drive link (driveshaft from engine to rear pump) would love to switch out those rag joints for U-Joints, but have not found anyone who has done this yet.

Hydrolic valve control / lines

3 point hitch setup for rear

Snow blower attachment (found on in SD but between the drive to go get it and the price they want. OUCH!!! would almost be cheaper to mod a cub/JD one to fit)

Oh and last but not least, if anyone might have a manual that would cover this, that would be great. As I have stated before I would rather give my money to a fellow PWF member then to a corp. business who does not even really want to know your name, yet alone look at you face to face.

I know in the past these were made by Jacobsen so you may want to try a lead in that direction. We sold Jakes when I was younger in the late sixties/early seventies. They were good tractors but had the oil pan welded to the frame which was solid but made it interesting when pulling an engine. Any chance your spindles could be rebuilt and machined? Sorry I can't be of more help but thought I'd throw in my two cents. Good luck hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron in Indiana View Post
      I know in the past these were made by Jacobsen so you may want to try a lead in that direction. We sold Jakes when I was younger in the late sixties/early seventies. They were good tractors but had the oil pan welded to the frame which was solid but made it interesting when pulling an engine. Any chance your spindles could be rebuilt and machined? Sorry I can't be of more help but thought I'd throw in my two cents. Good luck hunting.
      I found a set of Ford 100 series spindles. Just waiting for them to be shipped.

Yes, they were made by Jacobsen for awhile, then New Holland took it over.

I have not seen any information on interchanging the rag joints out to a u-joint style shaft for the older 100 series. I even tried to talk to a New Holland shop repair tech and they all just say, "replace the rag joints. there are no u-joint safts you can use". But as we all know they can only refer parts that are FACTORY to the mower.

Comment

Working...
      X