No announcement yet.

Someone's in the kitchen with Vina....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone's in the kitchen with Vina....

Vinamold, that is. This stuff rocks! It's a flexible moldmaking compound that you melt in a microwave and pour into your form, or over the object to be duplicated. After it cools, you have a perfect impression, and you can push it out without worrying about draft angles or having to make 2-part casts. Costs $20 for 1 liter- WAY less than Silicone or Urethane, NO mixing or setup time, and it's reusable. Contact Conservation Resources at (800) 634-6932 or (703) 321-7730; www.conservationresources.com

... And now back to our regularly scheduled program. ;)

Sounds interesting. Can it be melted in any other way, or does it have to be used with a microwave?

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyMike View Post
      ... And now back to our regularly scheduled program. ;)

Sounds interesting. Can it be melted in any other way, or does it have to be used with a microwave?
      I would think a pail of hot water would work...
      1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
      1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
      2001 Dodge 2500 (Dish...formerly Maney's Mopar)
      1978 Suzuki GS1000EC (fulfills the need...the need for speed)
      1954 Ford 860 tractor
      1966 Chrysler LS 16 sailboat (as yet un-named)
      UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FITS

Comment

Thanks. I popped over to the site.

"This is a hot melt compound for the manufacture of flexible molds based on vinyl resins. It is suitable for casting polyester resin, plaster, epoxy, and phenol-formaldehyde resins. It is a grade of medium flexibility and can be melted at temperatures of 150-170 C and poured at 140-150 C. Waterproof molds are resistant to many chemicals and are not affected by temperature or humidity. The molds reproduce the finest details, and many casts can be made from one mold. Finally, molds can be re-melted, re-cast, and used again. This product, when used in accordance with the directions supplied, is non-toxic. It is available in your choice of red, yellow, or white."

Comment

Thanks, Maine, and an amazing coincidence! Just this morning I was thinking about a casting mixture to reproduce something and this stuff would be a good first step. From there I can recast in other materials to get up to a refractory medium. Thanks! Good timing....

Comment

Glad you found it inspirational- It's a big advance over Silicone. I remember filling a port with silicone, waiting a week, then finding it hadn't cured in the center when I went to push it out! You probably want to be careful pouring hot materials like wax into it, though it might take boiling water temp (100 deg C)- haven't personally tried it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmieD View Post
              Thanks, Maine, and an amazing coincidence! Just this morning I was thinking about a casting mixture to reproduce something and this stuff would be a good first step. From there I can recast in other materials to get up to a refractory medium. Thanks! Good timing....
              Uh..Jim, I don't think it's cost effective to make that inflatable woman out of this stuff......= )

Comment

"Uh..Jim, I don't think it's cost effective to make that inflatable woman out of this stuff......= )"

Now, I don't care who you are, that's funny, Norm! :-)

Dave

Comment

Nah...just trying to save my Bud from a big expense....= )

Comment

Hah, but Norm, you've got it all wrong! If anything, after the last experience, I'd want a DEFLATABLE woman! Ahhh, live and learn: parting was such sweet, ummmm, parting... :~ )

Comment

Working...
                    X