Infrared Thermometers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infrared Thermometers

I been wanting one and now I'm looking for one. Any of ya'll have a recommendation for a mfg and model number. Please my budget is a bit limited as $150 is tops. There are so many uses for these devices. Let me know what your expericences are with them.

Thanks....

Mine is an older (early 90's) Raytek Ranger PM Infrared Thermometer (Model No. Raynger PM 20?). The Raytek infrared thermometer offers a slightly more compact package and features a laser sight that illuminates the surface being measured. A continuous signal is available for connection to dataloggers. Newer units are a lot smaller.
    I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
    Will
    WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
    1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
    1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
    1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
    2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

A lot smaller and a lot cheaper!
      I just saw a nice unit for about half what I'd expect to pay. Unfortunately, I get so many catalogs and on-line offers, that I can;t remember if it was from Craftsman, Eastwood, or??
      I'll try to find the source. In the meantime, if you conduct a yahoo search you can find dozens....

Comment

I was originally thinking about purchasing a Fluke, but wasn't really sure where their meters were manufactured. Then someone told me China. Now I do not know if that is true or not ..... will be doing a bit of research though. Raytek is now a Fluke company.

Been doing quite a bit of reseach on the net and didn't realize there were so many manufactures of these devices. Makes choosing one very difficult, expecially if your wanting to buy one made in the USA. Extech was suggested at another forum and a couple of their unit look very nice and have the features that I am looking for. Not sure where Extech units are manufactured either.

Still looking....

Comment

bosco, love to hear on which on you choose.

I've been looking in the same price range, wondering if I should wait and step up to a higher end model with the the longer read distance and higher temps.

I wouldn't doubt that all these meters are made in China now ..

Comment

Working...
          X