Shop made M37 tow bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shop made M37 tow bar

I made this years ago and recently replaced the cotter pin retained orig. shackles with these screw pin ones, getting ready for an upcoming M37 tow job.

http://news.webshots.com/album/56218...prd?vhost=news

Carter
    NRA Life

Hi Carter,
    Nice job on the tow bar. Do you find that the M37's weight pushes the tow vehicle around?
    I have a 2001 DOdge Ram 2500 CTD which is pretty heavy, around 7,000 #. I think it would do alright as a tow vehicle but wanted your opinion.
    Dave Langford
    (in beautiful St. Marys County) :)

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Dave View Post
      Hi Carter,
      Nice job on the tow bar. Do you find that the M37's weight pushes the tow vehicle around?
      I have a 2001 DOdge Ram 2500 CTD which is pretty heavy, around 7,000 #. I think it would do alright as a tow vehicle but wanted your opinion.
      Dave Langford
      (in beautiful St. Marys County) :)

Hey Doc, how have you been? How is the FFPW coming along? Post some progress pix when you get a chance.

It's like trying to stop a freight train, or even keep it from running you over when one M37 pulls another with this bar, but with what you have as a tow truck and it's modern brakes you should have no prob at all using proper towing cautions and procedures of course. Carter

Comment

Working...
      X