odd socket sizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• odd socket sizes

I got some old tools from my mom's uncle that nobody wanted and there was an old (plumb? brand) socket set 1/2" drive that included 29/32, 21/32, and 19/32 sockets. What kind of equipment would use sizes like that? The ratchet only clicks in one direction so to go the other way the center of the ratchet pops out and then put it back in from the other side to reverse. Made in USA of course.
    1949 B-1 PW
    1950 B-2 PW
    1965 WM300
    1968 D200 camper special (W200 conversion)
    1970 Challenger RT 383
    1987 Ramcharger 4x4
    1991.5 W250 diesel
    1999 Jeep Cherokee limited 4x4
    2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

We have those 3 size sockets as well. Still in the tool box, but not used in years. We used to use the 19/32" occassionally, but I can't remember now what for.

Comment

Craftsman used to make some sizes like that, believe it or not. I have some Craftsman tools that were my father's, and sizes like that are in that set. He was a maintenance mechanic in the 50's and 60's, to place it in time for you.
      Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

19/32,21/32 sockets etc.

Flat head Ford engines used this size on con rod bolts and I think mains.

Comment

Plumbing fittings?

Comment

sockets

I grew up working on 40's dodges and plymouths, there were bolts that size on those cars but they went away from them later, but they were used and were common 60&70 years ago. PWdave.

Comment

Working...
            X