Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If your Wife/girlfriend needs a gift idea for you....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If your Wife/girlfriend needs a gift idea for you....

Had 2 friends come over this week at different times and they both were surprised to see me use an automatic center punch. MVC-009S.JPGProbably one of the handiest things if you do any fab work or drilling in general. I guess sometimes I take for granted everyone has one. It's adjustable so you can control the amount of pressure as at full pressure it will crater sheetmetal. All you do is push down and an internal spring trips and drives the tip in. No more smashed fingers and small enough to put in your pocket.Tip is replaceable too but In all the work I've done with I've only sharpened it twice in 15 years. MVC-011S.JPGI'd recommend the Starrett Version as the knockoffs Tips die quick. They're only $30.00 through Enco and it beats ANY sweater ;) They make 2 sizes but get the bigger one which is Starrett number 18B. Kevin

http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRIT?P...PMAKA=505-0419

Yep,got one.Mine's a Fracom I got on closeout when they sold SK and My SK dealer had to unload all his Fracom stuff.Irreplaceable for critical holes drilled in tight spots.Yeah,you can free hand it.But if the hole has to be in one exact spot and you only have one frame,my ego isn't THAT big.

Comment

They're also great for busting out car windows, in rescue situations only of course..........John " the fireman"

Comment

[QUOTE=Kevin in Ohio;61667]Had 2 friends come over this week at different times and they both were surprised to see me use an automatic center punch. MVC-009S.JPGProbably one of the handiest things if you do any fab work or drilling in general. I guess sometimes I take for granted everyone has one. It's adjustable so you can control the amount of pressure as at full pressure it will crater sheetmetal. All you do is push down and an internal spring trips and drives the tip in. No more smashed fingers and small enough to put in your pocket.Tip is replaceable too but In all the work I've done with I've only sharpened it twice in 15 years. MVC-011S.JPGI'd recommend the Starrett Version as the knockoffs Tips die quick. They're only $30.00 through Enco and it beats ANY sweater ;) They make 2 sizes but get the bigger one which is Starrett number 18B. Kevin

Kevin,
        I took you advice and mentioned the Starrett to my wife. Santa came through and I had one under the tree yesterday! I look forward to using it.
        Dave

Comment

Originally posted by jbell View Post
          They're also great for busting out car windows, in rescue situations only of course..........John " the fireman"
          That is interesting.
          Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Kevin,
            I took you advice and mentioned the Starrett to my wife. Santa came through and I had one under the tree yesterday! I look forward to using it.
            Dave[/QUOTE]

Just like any other great tool, you'll wonder how you got along without it. :) Kevin

Comment

Working...
            X