M-37 Diesel Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M-37 Diesel Upgrade

Hey Guys, kinda new to the forum--Been doing tons of research on re-powering my M-37--thought I'd share a few pics----enjoy!!!!!!!!

Click on the pg icon to scroll through the pages.

http://web.me.com/mulie197/M-37_Rebuild/pg1.html

Neat! I would like to correspond with you to see if you would be willing to write something up about your project, to be published in the Power Wagon Advertiser magazine....
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Great idea! This project will be taking place over the next several months, I"ll document everything, and put together a presentation for everyone to see. I cannot express the enthusiasm I am experiencing doing this project. Feel free to comment on any of my postings.

Comment

Originally posted by mastermechanic19 View Post
        Great idea! This project will be taking place over the next several months, I"ll document everything, and put together a presentation for everyone to see. I cannot express the enthusiasm I am experiencing doing this project. Feel free to comment on any of my postings.
        Wonderful. Just to be clear, your article will be for the magazine, not for here. Posting here is good, but the complete coverage will be published in the magazine.

Comment

I'm all for it!! Progress is somewhat slow since I have only the weekends to do any work on the truck. But I think the end result will be well worth the time and effort.

What needs to happen on my end to get this published?

Comment

I'm all for it!! Progress is somewhat slow since I have only the weekends to do any work on the truck. But I think the end result will be well worth the time and effort.

What needs to happen on my end to get this published?
            You mean beyond writing it?

Comment

yes---I'm guessing I write the article and submit it for publication-and thats it?

Comment

yes---I'm guessing I write the article and submit it for publication-and thats it?
                Yes. You can send me a Word document, or you can paste the text of your article into the body of an email.

High resolution digital images can be emailed, unless you have a lot of them, in which case it is better to send them on a CD.

If in doubt about your images, you might email one to me so I can examine the image.

Comment

Nice! I'm going to be interested to see some of the details of the power train for when I get ready to put a new heart in mine. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Desoto61 View Post
                    Nice! I'm going to be interested to see some of the details of the power train for when I get ready to put a new heart in mine. Good luck!

Just a few highlights,

The engine is a Cummins 4BTA, high mount turbo, SAE 3 bellhousing, with high mount starter. Transmission is a Spicer 3053 from the 2 1/2 ton trucks, this transmission will be getting a .69 ratio over drive. The transfer case is a chevy NP-205, 6 bolt round, with a twin stick mod. I am making a custom adapter to "marry" the 205 and the spicer. The rear axle is centered, and came out of the powerwagons-4:89 ratio gears-- Hydro-boost disk brakes on all 4 corners.

Comment

Just checking in to see if everything is going ok. I want to do the exact same swap, so I'll be waiting for the mag. article. Good luck with your project, Ron

Comment

Things are going ok with the project. I have spent Christmas rebuilding my NP-205. Hopefully the .69 overdrive gear set for the spicer will be available soon. The adapter is still in the machine shop, after its finished I'll start on the engine mounts, tranny mounts, and the hydroboost brake system. Finding the time to do everything is my biggest challenge-haha ;), I have a huge picture gallery of all the progress, so it should make an interesting article.

Comment

Things are going ok with the project. I have spent Christmas rebuilding my NP-205. Hopefully the .69 overdrive gear set for the spicer will be available soon. The adapter is still in the machine shop, after its finished I'll start on the engine mounts, tranny mounts, and the hydroboost brake system. Finding the time to do everything is my biggest challenge-haha ;), I have a huge picture gallery of all the progress, so it should make an interesting article.
                          I am certainly looking forward to receiving your materials when you are finished!

Comment

Went by the machine shop today to check on the progress of the adapter for my Spicer 3053A/NP-205, and all I can say is WOW!!! Its nearly finished, and everything has turned out EXACTLY like my drawings (feel the enthusiasm). This set-up combined with the 4BT is just what my ol' M-37 is needing ;)

Comment

drawing for 205 adapter

I was curious if your adapter for the spicer to 205 worked out well ? I searched and searched and it looks like you are the only one that has coupled a married 205 to a spicer 3053 . I want to build a chevy cucv with a manual 3053 and a married 205 case. Any help would be great.

Thanks

ed

Comment

Working...
                              X