• Time
  • Show
Clear All

here is the end of the run:
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: War...

Originally posted by Dana Singsaas
      I was under the impression that a lot... a LOT of diesel is fueling our vehicles over in the sand. Less here, more there for their effort.

Am I way off here?...

Dana
      It's hard to say how far off you are, maybe 72' x 42'???
      You are correct that all military vehicles run 'multi use' fuels, that was one reason that the M37 finally got put out to pasture, it complicates logistics to have to supply two fuels. Now they just carry diesel and everything including the turbines can run it.
      As for where it comes from, I don't know! I wouldn't think that they ship it from here, but maybe? It would make more sense to refine it there, but...??? Either way it probably does contribute to the overall mix of fuel consumption.
      MN (dreaming of 72x42)

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk
        here is the end of the run:
        That Bio runs a LOT cleaner...... = )
        Ha!ha! Just kidding!

I hear that a lot of folks are using B99, the 1% petro fuel allows them to recieve full tax credits.
        Because of emission rules, every pump in CA dispenses B5 for both gasoline and diesel, all Chrysler Products come from the factory with B5 in the tank. I think Cummins allows B15 use and lower to be covered by warantee.
        MN

Comment

Originally posted by JimmieD
          Yes, Norm, I appreciated BobbyMike's most gentlemanly method of disagreeing while also making his point! Very nice.

I'm personally trying to learn from my past inappropriate behaviors on the forum. I flew off at two different people who responded to posts I had made, then found out quickly that neither one intended any direct offense at all! I might have caused a bit of a ruckus over at another forum you frequent ha haha?

Live and learn, then hope to live long enough after that to apply what we've learned! :~ )
          All learned behavior. I got myself chased off my post at Camp David (part of the Marine Security detachment there) by "speaking freely" to my commanding officer. Led to my loss of a Presidential Service Badge. Lesson noted - I've tried to be less judgemental and argumentative with others. Life, strangely enough, seems to be more enjoyable now.

Comment

any Diesel under that much of a load is going to look like a bad fire smoke cloud.

But under normal op. its clear as a bell and does not smell the same as normal Diesel out the tail pipes.

Comment

Re: War...

Originally posted by Dana Singsaas
              I was under the impression that a lot... a LOT of diesel is fueling our vehicles over in the sand. Less here, more there for their effort.

Am I way off here?...

Dana
              Ummmm.....as far as I know there's probably at least a barely adequate supply of diesel over there, Dana. That is, it's not like they're draining the tanks at our local Shell station and shipping it back. What'ya think?

Oooopppss, there I go being offensive again, and forgetting that everything bad except hair days is George W. Bush's fault?

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk
                any Diesel under that much of a load is going to look like a bad fire smoke cloud.

But under normal op. its clear as a bell and does not smell the same as normal Diesel out the tail pipes.
                Okay, okay, but remember those things that were around years ago, offered by a joker, where you put it up to your eye and looked in and saw the little picture, then when it's pulled away there's a black ring around your eye?

Somehow I just got a hilarious picture of our dear Hawk down on all fours sniffing diesel pipes and coming back up with a grin on his face, and a big black ring around his nose.... [Sorry Hawk, I couldn't resist!]

JimmieD

Comment

Not quite what I meant...

I didn't mean they're buying the diesel at your local Casey's and shipping it over in empty 2 liter Diet Pepsi bottles. It goes back to that "supply and demand" thing. If they're producing it there and LEAVING it/using it there, there's less to ship elsewhere... get it?

Again, I just know those boys (AND Women! Don't want to get flamed for sexist remarks! : ) are using a lot of fuel over there.

And YES - I do blame G.W.B. for my bad hair days!! (...I mean, what little hair I still have... I've got to blame it on someone... : )

Comment

Dana:

LOL ha hahaha!

JimmieD

Comment

I have been doing a little research on this issue.
                      It is alledged that the reason that diesel is high is that now, in Europe and Asia, diesel is really being pushed in car making more than gas engines, and that with their increasing number of vehicles, that those two factors are effecting supply.
                      Antoher interesting note is that supposedly after Katrina, the Europeans "helped out" by diverting some of the gasoline reserves for awhile to help the U.S. They did not free up any of their diesel reserves though.

Comment

Diesel is at...

$2.47 a gallon last night and still going down. I'd be willing to bet that most of the pre-holliday shipping has been completed, it's all a part of the supply/demand equasion. Heating oil can easily be converted to #2 at the refinery, I'm pretty sure that dire predictions of a cold winter put a LOT of #2 in the pipeline. Here in the west we are running way behind normal for rain, snow and temperatures are in the mid to high 70's along the West Coast. In SoCal we were in the low nineties to high 80's just last week, so far winter is a bust and that has to translate into excess supply of #2, at the moment.
                        MN

Comment

Working...
                        X