Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cummins 4bt engines

Howdy!

Just thought that I was pass along that if anyone is interested in a used Cummins 4bt engine for a very good price, now is the time to get it!

Frito lay used that engine to repower most of the step vans in their massive fleet in the late 80s or early 90s. Well, now they are selling that fleet off.. by the hundreds! Most of these have automatic transmissions attached. The grumman step vans they are in, are aluminum bodied and very well built... not bad trucks in their own right. The engines were most all rated at 105 hp and are NOT intercooled... but should be able to be turned up a bit, especially if an intercooler is added.

Go to www.dovebid.com and scroll down to 4/20/06 and click on "transportation auction #7" that will get you to the auction home page.

Once there, click on the "lot catalog" thing on the right side, it will show you a listing of the trucks that are on this upcoming auction.. about 700 of em.. all across the country.

I just took delivery on two of em... I bought at last months auction, both powered by 4bts. One will go into my half unimog - half homebuilt beast... and I think the other will go into my 1942 WC-53 carryall.

If you bid on these... you can prolly get a truck for around 1000-1500 bucks... and if you scrap out the aluminum... the engine is basically free.

I think that most of the locations around the country will allow you to preview the trucks... call the person listed for each auction, for more details.

:) Power Wagons and DIESEL POWER!
    Last edited by Woofie; 04-06-2006, 09:41 PM.

It certainly is one of my fantasies.
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Working...
    X