Diesel Recipeint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesel Recipeint

Here is a shot of my '64 WM300 I'm thinking of installing a 3.9L 4bt Cummins in. The truck is from Reno Nevada area and is extremely clean. I have the winch and a great bed for it. I just hope I can persevere and see this project through completion.

Bill
    Attached Files

Here is a shot of the chassis after I stripped the Frito Van. $1100.00 scrap dollars for the Alunimium body!

Comment

Try Again!
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in MI
        Try Again!
        Have fun and keep us informed!

Comment

THANKS, BILL!!!

Thanks for what? Well, I just scored my Frito Van yesterday for $1,050, and it came with spare parts etc. so I'm thinking I may have got a FREE engine after I scrap it out?!! Best wishes on your project!

JimmieD

Comment

Bill:

Is that what the inside of a garage is suppose to look like? I'm jealous. Here's what mine looks like. On the bright side, my wife finaaly agreed to give up some of her stuff in my garage to the Salvation Army, AFTER she goes thru it. 8>(

Later
            Ugg
            Attached Files

Comment

Ugg:

I've studied those pictures and have come to an undeniable conclusion. Sort of reminds of a man who thinks he's Napoleon Bonaparte. That is not a garage. You may think it is, but trust me, it is not a garage. How long have you felt this way? Have you thought about maybe getting some counseling? We can work through this, brother. Maybe you need to try to get in some free time, possibly a little vacation.....? :~ )

Comment

"Here is a shot of my '64 WM300 I'm thinking of installing a 3.9L 4bt Cummins in. The truck is from Reno Nevada area and is extremely clean. I have the winch and a great bed for it. I just hope I can persevere and see this project through completion.

Bill"

Hey, Bill, it's easy! Just do what I did: rip the truck apart so completely that it's useless for anything, get rid of the gasser parts including all ignition wiring, and then there's no choice but to install the Cummins! Works for me ha haha! I admit it's a bit of a scary project for this busted up old geezer but the benefits far outweigh the temporary challenges and effort required. My problem is my #1 helper, a drag racer buddy and fabricator with 30 years experience, just suffered a severe shoulder dislocation AFTER I TORE THE TRUCK APART! He's right handed and guess which shoulder? Well, dandy, now what?

If I can do it, you can do it!!!

JimmieD

Comment

Yo Jimmie:

I can send ya Maynard. No, wait a minute, I like you. Forget it, sorry. Naw, I really don't need the counseling, I know it ain't a garage anymore.
                  8>( Being a city boy and apartment dweller, I NEVER had a garage of my own before (although the last 6 years of city life I did rent a 2 car garage for my 72 Cutlass convert and as a shop).

When we got Uggville, the house had a single attached garage, so I had myself a 3.5 car garage built, with only 1 drive thru door. It was great! I had my tool box and benches in it, with PLENTY of room to work on stuff. I was so happy, being able to take a vehicle apart and not have to worry about picking things up if I had to go to the bathroom, or if I didn't finish what I was doing. It was regular culture shock.

My power and hand tool collection started growing. I didn't have to worry if it started to rain, and I was even gonna have heat. Then, like I said, I made that fateful mistake. I let the Mrs put a few items in it for just a little bit. 8>( I mean, I'm bad about throwing stuff out if there's even a slight chance it can be repaired by me, but she saves the tags off of clothes (even after they've been thru the wash several times). I think she even still has the 1st snot rag my son used. Oh well.

Now a vacation sounds good. Then again, I DO have major problems with them, ya have to come back. Back in 78, I had a 1 month vaction, so I planned to visit a friend in Skedattle. 1 week to drive there, 2 weeks there, and a week to drive back. Bro, it took me 6 months to get there, I kept finding all these neat places to stop and check out. Needless to say, I didn't have a job to come back to, so I didn't for quite some time. HA!

Later
                  Ugg
                  Last edited by Ugg013; 06-15-2006, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Ugg,

Looks can be deceiving. I only showed you what was behind door No. 1 door No 2. is a whole different story. Let's see, I know the there is a WC21 back there in pieces, three cabs, a row of old theater seats, buddy the stuffed raccoon...................

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in MI
                      ....buddy the stuffed raccoon...................
                      This needs a photograph.
                      Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Working...
                      X