Cummins powered step vans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MoparNorm
    Cool! The next batch of trucks on Dove Bid are going for more $$$ now, so this must be getting to be a popular conversion.
    MN
    It is a real popular conversion for Land Cruisers, Range Rovers, Jeeps, 1/2 ton pickups and SUV's... There is a Yahoo group devoted to putting the things in anything, and the number of folks working on stuffing them into things is impressive. There is also a Yahoo group for the step van crowd, which is a good place to advertise the hulk after you take out the engine unless you are inclined to scap it for the metal. I also know of a couple of folks who run them in purpose built offroad vehicles (tube frame rock crawlers and such).

As far as Dovebid, the prices are trending up as folks learn about them, but you can still get some real bargains. Especially if you get a truck that has wreck damage or is missing items such as a transmission or driveshaft... Make sure that you contact the local, on-site, person as Dovebid has been known to omit a needed bit of info or mislable a vehicle now and again (not surprising considering the volume that they are handling...). Keep in mind that they have a vehicle auction each month...

Comment

I was seriously thinking of putting a 4 bt into my CJ7, but the weight and overall height is making me re-think the deal. I'm holding out now for a newer Merc 3.0 that will be available next year in the Jeeps.

MN

Comment

Working...
      X