X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my project

[IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e83/angelchick881/blackcard027.jpg
    [/IMG]

Too cool, Charlie! Looks like you've got it about figured out. Mine had different motor mounts and I wish it had come with the type you used.

May I humbly suggest that you may want to add some healthy gusseting to the corners of your channel section pieces inset into frame? 4BT's have a lot of cyclic vibration and of course major torque off idle so it takes a lot to tame one. Flat stock layed in lengthise fore to aft at a 45* angle top and bottom of channel would be easiest and add a lot of structural integrity, while still allowing clearance for lines.

Thanks for the pics, they'll help a lot of guys envision just how they fit. Can't wait to see it finished!

JimmieD

Comment

4b

Thanks for the reply ! I can use all the suggestions / help I can get . Yea I had thought about gusseting everything & painting too . I wasn't sure what you guys would think about my mounting design (to the frame). I'm going to try them & see / feel if they work OK . I like the fact that the motor is not "clocked" 10 degrees.

Comment

Working...
      X