Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks, y'all!

Hi guys,

Just wanted to take a moment to thank all of those who helped me pull off a nearly impossible drivetrain conversion on my Town Wagon!!!

Near impossible due to various circumstances and challenges but step by step it got done. The rig is running and running good with a few very minor details to iron or hammer out. That was only possible through the help and support I got from all of you who contributed tips, suggestions, expertise, links, consolation, laughs, and all of that good stuff of comaraderie. The little tips were just as valuable as those from guys who really jumped into it with me. It's a truthful statement that I couldn't have done it without you.

Small words, but thank you all who helped me. Thanks to you I have the truck I wanted and needed and it will be the lead horse if not the whole team in the rest of my journey! You're a good bunch....

JimmieD

Brother Jimmie:

I'm real glad it's coming along, and your getting it together. I've been following your progress, and again, I'm happy for ya. Wish I coulda been of some help. Maybe I'll get something done on the Beast one of these days, and be able to do a face to face in Iowa next June.

Later
    Ugg

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Now, go out and enjoy it...

(And then, come back in and document everything that you didn't get around to documenting while you worked on it, and think about what you would do differently if you started over so that you can share it with the next guy who who wants to follow in your footsteps...).

Comment

Hey, Ugg, you WERE a help: moral support and misery loves company. I knew about your own trials and tribulations with Da Beast so I always knew that at least I wasn't suffering alone ha haha! And inspiration, dare we forget that? Thanks!

Hey, Cabell, going to do just that. I've decided to do a fulltime RV thing for a while towing a 26' trailer with, guess what!?! Yep, the Town Wagon/Cummins 4BT is the lead horse in the wondrous procession! Should prove to be VERY INTERESTING, no doubt a story in itself. A Daily Journal is part of the plan as well.

Kind of scary as I have only driven the truck a few times since the conversion, maybe 80-90 miles being the longest trip so far. That's because I failed to follow instructions hooking up my alternator but that gets fixed today, snowstorm or no. Soon as the trailer is finished and the Town Wagon is as ready as possible I'm heading out, to.....? We'll see. 40 year old truck, 31year old trailer and a crusty old geezer at the wheel, but a Cummins under the hood and it is, afterall, a DODGE!!!

In a way everybody here and on Norm's site has helped me along as it's a community and my family in this thing. Other folks out there would hear or look and have no clue what in the entire nation it was all about, but everybody here at Gordon's Place and at Norm's Sweptline Forum KNEW and UNDERSTOOD! That may have helped more than anything else.....

Thanks again, guys!

Comment

Road Trip

Have a safe trip Jimmie D and via con Dios!!

Comment

Thanks Jimmie!

Ya had to go and remind me about the TT, didn't ya. Like I didn't have enough on my plate. HA! On the bright side, we FINALLY got the Beast's tent frame up, and I might have just gotten a job, working out of the house, from 4 to 10 AM. Good luck on your adventure bro.

Later
            Ugg

Comment

Doing the RV thing...

There's space here at the Kempner Power Wagon Museum to park that RV and check out my Museum and two major military museums at Fort Hood (15 miles). I can provide electric, water, and gray water. See you soon???

Comment

Si, gracias, vaya con Dios for sure! Thanks.

Hang in there, Ugg, better things are coming.

Thanks VERY much Paul, that is a wonderful offer. I'm going to be running the southern route so your place is on the way! Definitely stopping by to see you, thanks!

Comment

You've got my numbers, call me collect when ever you need...A "Bud" of mine, has "some" parts at Pauls, bring them home with you....ha!ha! And tell Paul what a Costco filet, cooked by me, taste like! = )
                  MN

Comment

Costco Filet Mignon

Well, Paul, at Norm's behest here's my review of the Costco Filet Mignon cooked by Mopar Norm:

INCREDIBLE! STUPENDOUS! MARVELOUS!

I'd had nothing but snack/junk road food since the morning before so it had to rate as one of the truly fine breakfasts of all time. Couldn't ask for a nicer fellow to share a meal with either..... :~ )

Comment

Jim,
                      You don't have to pour it on that thick, Paul has met me...ha!ha!
                      Same back at you though!
                      MN

Comment

Working...
                      X