No announcement yet.

Low cost with economy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not arguing against the points you are making about the farm economy, my family have been ranchers and farmers for over 140 years. The farmer has always gotten the short end of the stick, with most of the earned income from the cost of our foods going to the middlemen distribution and retailing chain, not to the farmer.
    The speculators have driven the price of corn up at the commodities market by over 100%, just this year. That money isn't going to the farmers, it's going to the traders.
    My point is this, with a burgeoning diesel market share, the law of supply and demand will drive down the cost of petroleum. If we can get 30% more use out of the same amount of fuel and lessen our dependency on oil, then market pressures will lessen on the price.
    In the meantime thousands of folks doing just what you are doing will promote the expanded use of diesel.

Yes, Americans have been spoiled by cheap food prices and subsidies, government intervention has totally screwed up the free market system in agriculture. Farm prices and the farm economy are a whole 'nother ball of wax that would take more space than we have here to discuss...= )

Comment

Home grown fuel.

MoparNorm,,

Well yes the market boys are turning some cash, but I have seen our local grain market double in the last year. About time!

Its all supply and demand. America, got to love it.. Now let me see,, if I stop making sf fuel and start pressing and selling to Crisco,, MMMMmm?

Sodbust

Comment

Working...
      X