AutoMeter/AutoGauge Quality: NOT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, Tank!

I got a couple of Isspro after the Autogage, before the near destruction. Fine gauges with a very good rep! Pretty sure my fuel gauge is SW. Isspro, SW and Datcon that Charles mentioned are my only choices from here on out! Haven't replaced the incinerated Volts gauge yet, but soon....

Comment

Haven't heard any mention of Westach. I've got them in my CTD and they work really well. They are supposedly used in aircraft applications? I like them because they are dual guages and thus twice the info per pod.
      1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
      1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
      1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
      2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

I've been happy with my Datcon's, with one exception, the electronic oil pressure gauge seems to read low, as compared to my mechanical VDO gauge mounted on the engine under the hood.
        I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
        Will
        WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
        1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
        1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
        1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
        2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

My, my, ain't they some purty critters! The one-off Logo pieces are really great too!

As for Westach I have no personal experience with them, and don't think I've ever seen them. Mine are a mixed hodge-podge now, but it works okay for me. I even have one gauge a different color. The boost gauge has a white dial and blue letters & pointer so it really stands out for rapid sight acquisition, especially at night, while the others are all black dials.

Next I have to get a Cummins 6BT harmonic damper for my 4BT so I can hook up a tach sender. Johnny Cash, 'One piece at a time', works for me.....

Comment

[.

Next I have to get a Cummins 6BT harmonic damper for my 4BT so I can hook up a tach sender. Johnny Cash, 'One piece at a time', works for me.....[/QUOTE]

Jimmie,
            Why not get a alternator with a "tach' sensor terminal?
            Or Cummins has a cable drive set-up off the IP through the front cover.
            Thats what I used on my 6bta in the Chev.
            TGP
            WDX & Misc. Pics.
            http://www.t137.com/cpg/index.php?cat=10010
            "47" Dodge WDX WW
            "52" Dodge M-37 WW
            "54" Willys M38A1
            "65" Kaiser M35A1 WW
            "77" Chev. K-30 400T,205,4.56 "No-Spin"
            "84" Chev, K-30 Cummins 6-BTA 400,205,3.73Locker
            "86" Chev, M1028A2 (K30) 6.2,400.205,4.56 Locker
            "99" Dodge Durango "Limited Slip"
            "99" Dodge 3500 CTD 4x4"No-Spin"

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, Tom, and actually I've already got that particular alternator. Many use that method. From what I've read on forums it's common to get a lot of tach bounce and accuracy can be questionable. There's cures for both of those problems. It's a definite possibility, but in my case I also want the 6BT crank damper to help solve some pesky vibration problems. Hopefully I could knock of two little birdies with one stone? I always want my cake and eat it too!

Comment

Working...
              X