General Musings about Cummins Diesels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Musings about Cummins Diesels

I was surfing the web this AM, looking for info on the new V-6 Cummins for light duty Dodge vehicles that is coming to a Dodge near you in 2009. I found this and thought it was amusing.
    "Cummins data indicates that the life of the B engine in a medium duty truck is slightly over 300,000 miles. Estimated engine life in the pickup is unknown because few engines have failed or worn out, and there are numerous reports of over 800,000 miles."

The italics are mine. The new V-6 will not replace the B series, just allow more models to enjoy the benefits of clean quiet diesel power, in ALL 50 states. If Cummins has stock, buy it!

LOL yesiree, that's the facts! I'd have to go searching but I know of several hi mileage 6BT's. One in particular is pumped up to over 500hp and something like 1,100+ ft lbs torque and the owner drives it HARD, with over 475,000 miles on it!

Also with a gasser you never know what fuels are going to be available in the future but with diesel there's always veggie oil or bio and you can easily add water/methanol injection for more oomph, so not many fuel issues.

Comment

Originally posted by MoparNorm View Post
      If Cummins has stock, buy it!
      Cummins Inc. is traded on the NYSE with the symbol CMI.
      52wk price range: low $55.20 on 9/22/06, high $126.69 on 8/1/07

It's a nice stock to have and a nicer engine to have under the hood :)

Comment

Wow!
        It has doubled since last year, I guess I'm always a day late and a dollar short...= )

Comment

i missed the boat on the cummins stock just kills me . iwatched it from 70 bucks on up. take a look at john deere.

Comment

Sources tell me that the new plant for the 4.2 V-6 mid range motor is nearly completed and that some motors are being build and are running on the test stands! They already have over a million miles on the prototypes, but these are PRODUCTION motors! woo hoo!
            Cummins insiders may email me with updates, identities are strictly confidential.

Comment

Working...
            X