hercules 3.7 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hercules 3.7 question

does anybody here have expierience using a herc 3.7 turbo diesel in an m37 ? I know about paul at mars but wanted to speak to somebody who has one. I wanted some info on bell housing type currently has a turbo 400 behind it. anybody out there ??

ed

Originally posted by xm708 View Post
    does anybody here have expierience using a herc 3.7 turbo diesel in an m37 ? I know about paul at mars but wanted to speak to somebody who has one. I wanted some info on bell housing type currently has a turbo 400 behind it. anybody out there ??

ed
    Hi Ed,
    I used to be the Hercules military repower outlet for a few southeastern states some years ago. Feel free to send me a private e-mail, I'll be happy to share with you concerning this setup. mseriesrebuild@windstream.net

Comment

Beware that the vast majority of, if not all, the current crop of take-outs from stepvans of Hercules 3.7 are series I, not series II. I can spot them just by pics and have yet to see a series II from a stepvan, they've all been series I. Series II are the only ones worth considering for anything over about a Jeep CJ in size. The series II had some extremely important upgrades done to allow them to make similar power to the stock ratings of the Cummins 4BT. The 4BT is a much better engine all the way around. Only thing the Herc has going for it is its lower weight. Series I are cheap but would more rightly be compared to 4B Cummins as far as what power they are reliably able to make.

If you want a ~4 liter diesel for stationary use or marine use, like max 85 hp levels, then the series I Herc is perfectly fine, well suited and cheap. I don't think the series II are less expensive than a 4BT and thus I wouldn't seek one out.

After such a "great" sales pitch one might think I don't like them but I do have two of them(series I).

Ken

Comment

Working...
      X