Diesel vs. Hybrid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesel vs. Hybrid

Check out this article on a BMW that got better MPG than a toyota prius, then read the Beemer lovers and the hybrid lovers going after each other in the comments afterwards. Too funny.

http://www.technoride.com/2008/03/bm...us_in_econ.php

That was funny!
    There are several diesel powered vehicles that get better fuel economy on the highway than the Prius and don't have the toxic batteries to deal with. The Jeep Patriot in my blog link was one (in another thread here).
    Plus diesel exhaust has less C02 than gasoline.
    Once there are diesel hybrids that run on bio diesel we'll see some real numbers!

Comment

In '06 I bought a Prius. In '07 I sold the Prius and got a '06 Jetta TDI. The Prius was a death trap. I hated it after the first 5000 miles (the first month). I travel about 50K miles a year and even with $4/gal diesel, my Jetta stills makes me money in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by DeLoit View Post
        In '06 I bought a Prius. In '07 I sold the Prius and got a '06 Jetta TDI. The Prius was a death trap. I hated it after the first 5000 miles (the first month). I travel about 50K miles a year and even with $4/gal diesel, my Jetta stills makes me money in the long run.
        Amen!
        Once the hype settles, the math starts to work....= )

Comment

Working...
        X