Fuel filters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel filters

Just went to the local Auto Zone for a new fuel filter for my 02 Cummins.
    What I bought was a 'Luber-Finer', L1261F, made in Bulgaria under the Champion Laboratories, Inc. name. Does anyone have any experience with this filter? What are the favorites? I no longer use Fram so am on the lookout for the best filter/price.

Originally posted by wayfarer View Post
    Just went to the local Auto Zone for a new fuel filter for my 02 Cummins.
    What I bought was a 'Luber-Finer', L1261F, made in Bulgaria under the Champion Laboratories, Inc. name. Does anyone have any experience with this filter? What are the favorites? I no longer use Fram so am on the lookout for the best filter/price.
    Luber-Finer used to be a top of the line filter when they were a US Company, havn't used any in a long time & am not familiar with the Bulgarian version.

I like the Baldwin brand, we use them exclusively.

Comment

I use Fleetguard FS1221, a longer filter with water drain. I believe it fits your engine but double check. I also prefer either Baldwin or Fleetguard: NO FRAM!

By the way: Fram had plenty of time, opportunity, engineering expertise and resources to correct an error that was well known by thousands. They chose not to for a very long time, don't know if they ever fixed. To me anyone with that disregard for quality and for protecting customer equipment doesn't get one red cent from me even if they do fix the problem m-u-c-h later! They single-handedly ruined one fine LA 360 for me.

Comment

Working...
      X