• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 91 W250 diesel VIN

Hi Ya'll
    I've been looking at a 91 W250 diesel VIN # 1B7KM26C9MS363241
    The body is in very good shape.
    It has a 4 speed automatic. I believe 3.5 gears and spicer axles .
    The truck has some brake issues. The first time I stepped on the the pedal it went to the floor but the 3rd time I stepped on it it was high and firm.
    After starting, the volt meter registered 18 then dropped to 10 for a few seconds then back to 18. It did this for about 3 minutes then steadied around 12.
    I will be using this vehicle for a daily driver.
    Towing a 30 H.P. farm tractor a few times a year.
    Can someone help me with the VIN .
    Any problems inherent with this vehicle/ transmission combo?
    The asking price is 8K
    Thanks
    Hillbilly

mileage

I forgot to state the mileage.
    The odometer reads 178,000
    Thanks
    Hillbilly

Comment

IMHO that is way too high a price for that truck. I bought a 93 W250 8 years ago for $2500.00 and a month ago I bought a D350 for a $1000.00both with the CTD.. the 250 had the auto and the 350 had the 5 spd..around here you could get a 2000 or maybe even a 2001 for the 8000.00..
      the voltage fluctuation is caused by the grid heaters cycling till the engine started to heat up.. 18 volts sounds a little high but I will start both mine tomorrow and see if either of them shoot up that high but I feel that truck may have a bad battery or a bad voltage regulator or maybe even some bad grounds..
      the 3.55 gears will get you the best mileage and towing a 30 horse tractor will be a breeze with the diesel just dont tow in OD..also I have heard that the bearings should be replaced at 250000 miles and I am getting close to that with the 250 so i will have them replaced and see what they look like.. One guy I work with has a early 91(non od non intercooled) and had his bearings replaced at the 250000 and said they were just starting to turn the babbit( on the verge of spinning a bearing)
      as far as the vin what are you looking to get from it? it will tell you the year ,the engine , the cab style(regular or extended), weight class(1/2-3/4- or 1 ton) , and where assembled ..I do not have my bools to break it down with me but I can do it tomorrow

Comment

1st GEN Diesels are hard to find around here. This particular truck is sitting at truck dealer that only deals with used used diesels.
        I searched for a 1st GEN about a year and a half ago and could not find a single one within 500 miles that wasn't beat up and falling apart.
        Is the 4 speed auto a 727 Xmission with an overdrive attatchment or is it a different Xmission alltogethrer ?
        Thanks
        Hillbilly

Comment

The 4spd auto is basically a 727 with an OD added to the back of it.. Is there a specific reason you want a first generation rather than a 2nd or 3rd..

Comment

why I want a 1st Gen

I am 5' 4" tall (except sometimes I grow if I've been drinking) The reason I want a 1st Gen is that I can see all 4 corners of the truck.
            I recently purchased a 2008 Dakota.
            I really dislike this truck. It is underpowered. It takes at least a large county to turn it around. (the turning radius is horrendus) and
            I can't see the front, rear or any of the corners.
            It makes parking , shall we say,exciting
            I like the 1st Gen body style. It looks like what I think a truck should look like.
            I'd like to find a good 1st Gen and keep it forever.
            BTW, I went to the dealer who had the 91 and it was sold.
            If anyone knows where I could find a well cared for 91-93 W truck I'd be very thankfull.
            If anyone would like to purchase a 2008 Dakota 2WD with 7,000 miles on it I might know where one is located
            Thanks
            Hilbilly

Comment

If you were not so far away there are several 89 to 93 within a 3 to 4 hour drive of me that are under $4000.00.. I also checked my voltage when starting and it never went above about 15 so that one definately has some electrical issues..

Comment

Working...
              X