Aberdeen wrap up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aberdeen wrap up

Another sucessful East Coast Rally has come to a close. The 36th annual is now finished. It was beautiful weather all week. Vendor turn out was great. It was good to see some familiar faces. It is always good to talk to those familiar folks and meet some new ones too. Carter, Cabell, Ralph, Joe Hall, the regulars at Camp Stogie, etc were all there. Sorry you didn't make it Bruce. It was good to meet Nickathome and sons and some other enthusiasts whose names escape me. Our club members worked hard to make sure that things were smooth as possible. Most of that work is done behind the scenes. There were a total of 51 vehicles registered for judging and many more present. Some very fine vehicles to be seen and admired. The results will eventually be posted on the club website. It is www.washingtonbluegray.com.
    There was over $1300.00 raised for the APG Ordnance Museum from the Friday afternoon auction. Another $350.00 was donated to the Young Marines of Harford Co for policing the area and helping with tent set up and tear down. Those kids worked hard for that money.
    Our club will have a debriefing at some point in June, show awards will be mailed out and another planning meeting will be held in Nov. as we look ahead to another year. Thanks to all who participated. I hope you had as much fun as I did.

Maybe Next Year?

Sounds like a real success, congrats!

Comment

Thanks to you and the club we had a great time Warren. You guys even arranged to have sunny weather although some clouds would have been OK to help reduce the heat radiating from the blacktop. I had a fun time, thanks to all involved in making another successful rally.

Rally pix on Webshots:
      http://news.webshots.com/album/572283354KLWUHC

Comment

Rally

Thanks Bruce. Thanks for the webshots and reply Carter! Image #1439 was our "Best of Show" this year. Image #1456 was a running vehicle, power steering added, non power angle snow plow with very little body rust. The asking price was $3000. I talked to the owner and he was motivated to sell. I believe it sold too.
        I hear ya Carter about the heat radiating up. Not barefoot territory. Anything metal was hot to the touch. Shade was good.
        Another pleasant surprise: The club received a very nice email from the stadium management. Very complimentary and encouraging. A great way to cap off the event. See you all next year!

Comment

Working...
        X