Texas POWER WAGON Events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas POWER WAGON Events

The 12th Annual Texas POWER WAGON Reunion will be held April 23 - 25 at Pandale, Texas. Click on the link for more information

http://www.dashlink.com/~txpwrwgn/2004-tpwr.htm

The following notice was posted March 1, by Mac on Dodge POWER WAGON Forum #131. Mac's Spring Fling will be held April 15-18. 18,000 acres 35 miles south of Alpine. Camping will be available at ranch. Hotels and campgrounds with hookups are available in Alpine. Questions call 817 937-6580
    Last edited by Paul Cook; 03-17-2004, 10:36 AM.

Hi Paul!
    I sure would love to get down there. It's not in the cards this year, but hopefully next year I can make the Texas loop hit all the shows/events and visit all my 'nemisis' from Texas! ha!ha!
    The post event, forum messages always are full of stories about the great time that everyone had!
    MN

Comment

Say Paul

How did the PW reunion turn out..? I wasn't able to make it myself, sure wanted to though.

Got any pics to post or is there a link to this years reunion..?

Comment

12th Annual Texas POWER WAGON Reunion

The event was great. You can link to my report through my web site - the www button at the bottom of this post or go to .http://www.dashlink.com/~txpwrwgn/2004-tpwr.htm The report also includes a link to some great pictures by Jerry Hogan.

I hope the folks who went to Mac's Spring Fling at Alpine will send me pictures and a report of the event so I can include it on my web page
        Last edited by Paul Cook; 04-30-2004, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Looks like ya'll had a great time out in west Texas. Awesome photos. Sure wish I could of been there.

You should post that link on bigelectric, I'm sure those folks would really enjoy viewing the pics as much I did.

Say, any plans for next years reunion..?

Forgive my ignorance, but what is that whirly thing on the back of that 46 WDX..?

Again, great photos.

bosco

Comment

Howdy from Kempner,

You are right about posting on the bigelectric site. After all, many of us like the increased comfort of the M-37 for trail riding - particularly in rocky terrain.

The "whirly" thing on Bill Jewell's '46 WDX is a belt drive pulley. Many farm implements, sawmills, and even machine shops took their power from a machine that used a wide leather belt to transmit power. The earliest tractors were actually more for providing belt power than for providing tractive effort. Many farm tractors up into the 1940's had a belt drive pulley, but that has given way to the live power take off (PTO). By the way, the belt drive pulley on a POWER WAGON could be removed and there was a rear PTO at the rear cross member.

The belt drive pulley is relatively rare and a much sought after accessory.

George Scott, owner of the other WDX is from your area - Tomball to be precise. So you see, it was not too far at that.

Please e-mail me at txpwrwgn@earthlink.net and tell me about you and your truck(s). I will add you to my Texas POWER WAGON enthusiast address book. That way you will get announcements of Texas POWER WAGON events.

Start planning to attend Pat & Wanda's Tailgate Party and Swap Meet at Brownwood, TX in late September.

Comment

Paul

Thanks for the info.

I didn't know about the belt pulley drive. My grandfather once owned a sawmill. And I remember my dad telling me about the leather belts that had to be laced. My dad worked for a while at that sawmill. Wow, that was in the late 30's and early 40's. Dad was only in his teens back then.

After I got my truck (which is a 52 Dodge M37), dad mentioned that he did drive a power wagon at the sawmill. I will ask him if they used a pulley off the back of that old PW.

Look for my email, as I am interested in the Texas Power Wagon association.

Thanks...

Comment

Working...
              X