Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show your PW...July 16-17 Belvidere IL

Hi Gordon,
    I'm not sure where to post this so someone forward this to the moderator.

I'm just getting started on rebuilding my '57 TW/PW and among other things I am associated with the Chicagoland Mopar Connection - Rock Valley Chapter. We are a club that has several good shows in the northern Illinois area. This year the Rock Valley Chapter event (Mopar Happening) is having a Power Wagon theme for the shirts and show. We usually have a couple of military Dodges show up, last year we had a Deuce & a Half that was driven in. I would like to invite anyone with a Power Wagon to show his vehicle.

Let me know how information like this can be given to your readers.
    Thanks,
    Art

ok

o

Comment

Originally posted by DrPepper View Post
      Hi Gordon,
      I'm not sure where to post this so someone forward this to the moderator.

I'm just getting started on rebuilding my '57 TW/PW and among other things I am associated with the Chicagoland Mopar Connection - Rock Valley Chapter. We are a club that has several good shows in the northern Illinois area. This year the Rock Valley Chapter event (Mopar Happening) is having a Power Wagon theme for the shirts and show. We usually have a couple of military Dodges show up, last year we had a Deuce & a Half that was driven in. I would like to invite anyone with a Power Wagon to show his vehicle.

Let me know how information like this can be given to your readers.
      Thanks,
      Art
      Just send your ad to our fearless leader (the somewhat shy and reclusive Gordon Maney) and he will glady get it into an upcoming issue of the PWA.

C.D.
      1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
      1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
      2001 Dodge 2500 (Dish...formerly Maney's Mopar)
      1978 Suzuki GS1000EC (fulfills the need...the need for speed)
      1954 Ford 860 tractor
      1966 Chrysler LS 16 sailboat (as yet un-named)
      UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FITS

Comment

Can you post more details here as well?

Comment

Hi Jill...

Just getting started on this site and will post up details and links to the show as I get them.
          This season makes 21 years for our show. It started as a small "get together" at the Chrysler Belvidere Assembly Plant. It eventually got out of hand for their front lawn and moved to the Boone County Fair Grounds. We use almost all of the fair grounds for two days plus a Cruise Saturday evening and Group that runs at Byron Dragway Saturday morning.

Art aka: DrPepper

Comment

Belvidere Mopar Happening July 16-17

Time to update this show.....
            Here is the link to our web site info on the show.

http://www.chicagolandmopar.com/foru...opar-Happening

There is a Flyer to download with the details on the show also.

[IMG] http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x...ngteeshirt.jpg[/IMG]

Sounds like the Power Wagon Rally was a success, mine is sitting waiting for more work than I have time to give right now. I'm going to bring it on a tow dolly to the show for our "Work in Progress" area.
            Last edited by DrPepper; 06-12-2011, 02:10 PM. Reason: Learning how to attach....

Comment

I like the truck theme...

Got a website or a phone number? Maybe a map link?
              Attached Files

Comment

Information on placing an ad:

http://www.powerwagonadvertiser.com/placead.html
                Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Thanks Chewie...

eventually I'll figure posting pix out. There should be a link to the CMC web site with all the information.

Location is northern Illinois, go to I-39 in the middle of IL and take it north until your almost in cheese country and Belvidere is 10 minutes east.

Comment

Working up to another great show....

All MoPar Happening at the Boone County Fair Grounds
                    July 16 - 17
                    http://www.chicagolandmopar.com/forum/

*We have a TV Spot on Thursday that will air on Friday also.
                    *There will be Photo Portraits available with our photographer $10 each digital e-mailed to you.
                    *16th, Saturday is Swap Meet, drag racing in Byron, get together with a few hundred other MoPar owners and Cruise in the evening from Belvidere to Rockford with ice cream, Dogs, Brats, soda provided by 2 dealers.
                    *17th is Judging day with the catagory winners getting a nice wall trophy. Usually around 300 cars and trucks looking for the trophies.

My Dakota is in the shop finally to get painted.....
                    Next weekend I plan to work on the '57 Town Waon PW, but it wiil be going on a tow dolly this year. It will be in the "work in progress" class, cause I got everything else done but what I wanted.

Sorry Gordon, maybe next year I'll get things to you in time.

Hope somebody else with a Panel or Wagon will come. We have a couple of Power Wagons said they would come. Hope they do.
                    DrPepper

Comment

Working...
                    X