Indiana Dodge Truck Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indiana Dodge Truck Rally

After taking a year off we are planning another Indiana Dodge Truck rally. Location is my shop in New Haven Indiana. Dates are May 17-19. Haven't set a cost for meals and extras yet but we are planning another trail ride like the last one we had. Plenty of trucks and fans of Dodge trucks. Mark your calender and we'll post more info as soon as the head cook decides what she wants to serve.

Is there a Hy-Vee next to your house?
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Maney View Post
      Is there a Hy-Vee next to your house?
      Unfortunately no we don't have HyVee's on this side of the Mississippi. Please don't let that stop you from attending our rally. We can make pancakes though. I've been wondering if the Fairfield HyVee has received enough complaints about their changing pancake mixes. I truly miss the old mix.

Comment

Hey look forward to more details, and God permitting being a part of it!
        I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
        Will
        WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
        1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
        1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
        1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
        2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

Anybody else coming?

One more time for anyone planning to attend our Indiana Rally May 17-18. We need a head count please.

Indiana Dodge Truck Rally Registration
          May 17-18

16733 Irving Rd New Haven ,IN 46774

Name __________________________________________________ ____

Address __________________________________________________ __

Phone________________________________

Email __________________________________________________ _____

Expected day of arrival _________________________________________

Number attending ____________

Names for tags for those attending ___________________________________

__________________________________________________ _____________

Ages of children attending _________________________________________

Truck registration
          Year and model of truck _______________________________

Driving or trailering your truck? ____________________

Totals
          Registration fee $10 per person or $20 per family ____________

Lunch $7 per person ____________

$4 children 10 and under  ____________

Dinner $9 per person ___________

$5 children 10 and under ___________

Total ___________

La Quinta Motel
          2902 E. Dupont Rd
          Ft Wayne IN 46825
          Phone 260 490 7950
          LaQuintaFortWayne@comcast.net

This hotel is the most reasonable and is only 12 miles from the rally, very easy to find and easy to get to the rally.
          I would suggest you reserve a room ASAP as they will not hold rooms 2 weeks prior to the rally. They do have parking for trailers if needed or drop them here and go to the hotel.

There is a Holiday Inn Express in New Haven that is a bit closer but they have rooms at $109 per night.

Directions

Coming from the south

Take I 69 to I 469 east. Exit at US 24 east. Take Webster Rd Exit. Turn left on to Webster Rd and follow that to the end. At the bridge turn right go 1/2 mile to Irving Rd Turn right go 1/2 mile watch for signs.

From the west

US 30 merge to I 69 north. proceed to Exit 115 I 469 east/south. Take Exit 25 ST RD 37 east turn left at bottom of ramp. Go 1 mile to Doty Rd which angles right look for rally sign. Go due east 3 1/2 miles to Thimlar Rd large two story brick house on corner. Turn right go 1/2 mile to Irving Rd turn left go 1/2 mile. Look for rally signs. If you miss Doty RD go to the next intersection and turn right at the Do It Best Lumber yard. Go ½ mile turn left onto Doty follow directions above.

From the north

I 69 to I469 east follow the directions same as from the west above.

East

US 30 to St RD 101 north. Proceed north to Hetrick Rd which is at a long sweeping turn to the right, go straight over the railroad tracks on Hetrick Rd do not follow the turn. Go 1/2 mile to Woodburn Rd turn left. Go 3 1/2 miles to just past Woodlan High School turn right to traffic light. Cross US 24 and follow road to bridge, turn right go 1/2 mile to Irving Rd turn right watch for signs.

If you find yourself geographically challenged in finding the rally call my cell # 260 402 7773

I’m asking everyone attending to sign a release of damages waiver the day of the rally. Please print this page and return it with check or money order to Ron Reichhart 16735 Irving Rd New Haven in 46774
          Any questions email 59redtruck@verizon.net or call 260 749 5239 DEADLINE April 30

Comment

Alfonso cannoli not attending.

However Bergen County Power Wagons has sent some rally goodies. A few NYC Freedom Tower shirts and sweatshirts are on their way west. The final spire went up last week and I grabbed a few souvenirs to mark the occasion. A dozen trophys are being put together as we speak by a fort Wayne trophy shop. My NYC trophy guy couldn't get them built and shipped in time for the rally,so he recommended a ft Wayne shop. There are 12 different category's ranging from "baldest tires" to the prestigious "Alfonso Cannoli's life's short, have fun" trophy. A 36 inch trophy crowned with a golden cheerleader!! So get yourself over to Ron's place and have some fun.
            Sadly no zany hats will be sent. But bring one if you have one, there is a trophy category for best hat.

Comment

The M is loaded, and hopefully Indiana is ready for us (as well as the M being ready).

Thanks,
              Will
              WAWII.com

Comment

Illinois to Indiana ?

Will , You may be in the running for longest distance traveled award

Comment

Gee'z at only 300 miles! WOW.

Thanks,
                  Will
                  WAWII.com

Comment

Rally

Ron;
                    I have tried calling you at the number posted on here but I get a out of service message. I will be coming up Friday. Two people one truck. If you could call me at 812-385-6710 I would appreciate it.
                    Mike McConnell

Comment

Originally posted by hickory View Post
                      Ron;
                      I have tried calling you at the number posted on here but I get a out of service message. I will be coming up Friday. Two people one truck. If you could call me at 812-385-6710 I would appreciate it.
                      Mike McConnell
                      Mike sorry about that poor proof reading that number is our old land line we don't use any more. 260 402 7773 or I can call you. We'll see you Friday. We're having a weiner roast Friday night for our meet and greet. Looking forward to meeting you. Ron

Comment

Rally

Great, thanks alot looking forward to the rally.
                        Hickory

Comment

The Indiana Dodge Truck Rally as always was a great event. A big THANKS to Ron, his entire team and Mark Walchle for a great time and lot of fun and great food. Ron's wife, Pam and her crew sure can put on a great meal, and they did a wonderful job cooking and serving. Indeed also a big thanks to Sultan Gear, Nick Perrecilli and Alphonso Cannoli for the door prizes and trophy donations. Ron has a new Media Blaster, and he put on a very nice demonstration of it's abilities. We are all very impressed, and he's sure to get a lot of business with it. Mark's family welcomed us to his place again, and feed us some delightful home made Ice-cream, made by an Allis Chalmers Power unit. We also got to see a just completed Power Wagon Crew Cab. Just as two years ago, the Old Dodge Trucks showed up the Cheby guys at Marks place near Decatur IN. This year the creek was lower so crossing wasn't the challenge, driving through the creek and exiting at a deep spot was. Me in the M, and Taylor in the WC both made it successfully, but I had to assist the Cheby out of the creek. Mark brought out his Bell Telephone Truck, and put on as always a great demonstration. Mark has a very nice yard, with some beautiful yard art. Ron broke a rear axle shaft in his Town Wagon, so we had to go retrieve it before the day was over. Ron has a real talent, and a great guy. If you can you need to make it to one of his events.

Thanks,
                          Will
                          WAWII.com

Comment

Neat!
                            Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

The only bad thing about a rally

Thanks Will and everyone who came to our little shindig and for the kind words. Yes it's work to get ready to host an event like this but in the end it's always worth it. As the title of this post states there is is down side to a rally. It goes by so quickly and everyone has to go back to reality Monday morning. We all had a great time but no one as much as myself. My family was here to help and participate including the future generation in Dodge trucks, my grandkids. They had a blast. My friends came to support our rally to make it the success it was. As Will said I received door prizes from three individuals, I hope to meet Rick and Nick face to face one day. Thanks again for your support. After our wonderful dinner I explained to two new friends the true feeling of being in this hobby. It's not just the trucks it's the friends and relationships we create by owning these icons of iron known as Dodge trucks. As I went on I referred back to 1999 to our first trip to Dodge truck mecca, VPW where Trudy asked us if we were coming for the rally. Not knowing I asked what rally? She said oh we have a big rally every June it's like a family reunion. No truer words spoken anywhere. No matter which rally I've attended it's the same across the country. As I tell anyone who hasn't been to a rally, you're only a stranger until you shake hands and exchange names. I'm really looking forward to that family reunion in Fairfield this year so I can meet more "family". Aside from the friends we have attend there is one other upside to hosting a rally, leftovers! Those who were here and read this know what I'm talking about. If you weren't here this year and missed out I'm sure we'll be hosting again next year the weekend between Mother's day and Memorial Day. As for the pictures Will posted I'm driving Mike Morgan's truck pull champion M-37 (there's an inside joke about me and M-37s) The red 74 crew cab is Bob Rynes' that was featured in Mopar Muscle Magazine last year along side Andrew Connlley's 75 crew cab which I did a little work on. The immaculate PW crew cab was created and is owned by Micheal Vyect. This was the trucks debut and won Best Power Wagon at our rally. Even as good as it looks in the photo it's even more stunning in person.

Comment

Working...
                              X