Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Graves Mountain Trailrides in Virginia

2013 Graves Mountain Trailrides in Virginia

Just a heads up to everyone that the dates for the VA Rally (aka: Graves Mountain MV Trailrides and Rally) are August 29-Sept 3, 2013.
    Same basic plan as last year, with even more new trails

We get to use all the Lodge facilities for the rally, and there are a lot of things for families to do so if folks don't want to OD on the green vehicles or trailrides, they don't have to, they can hike, hang out at the pool, tour the nearby wineries/antique shops/historic sites, shop, horseback ride (extra fee), etc...

We will once again be having truck games on Saturday afternoon (so that folks have something to do while the pig is cooking).

Trails run from very mild to a tad wild so you can choose the level of difficulty that you want to run. We'll also be doing some convoys on the local county/state roads (mixed paved and gravel), low water fords, etc... We will have a ride that starts earlier in the morning this year for the more hard corps folks, a mid-morning ride for those who like to take it easier (and who want one of the Graves' famous breakfasts...), and a midafternoon ride...

Hope to see a bunch of you in late August,

Registration and other info is located on the event website at http://www.gravesmountaintrailrides.com/

Send me an event ad for the magazine.
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Just a reminder that the Graves Mountain Trailrides in Virginia are comming soon. You still have time to register and join in the fun. So far, we have over ten M37s comming. The trails around the farm are perfect for them (or, they are perfect for the trails...). All 39 miles of them (that's not including the orchard roads or the county maintained ones in the area, just what I have on the property that have been purpose cut for us to use between the rivers in the valleys and the mountain ridges).

The guys from MD are mostly bringing larger trucks and some CUCVs. The guys from NJ are comming with M151s... One of the guys who is local to the area will have his Halftrack again this year.

For those of you who can make it, you can bring stuff to sell/trade... :)
      I had a couple folks ask me to bring some paint, and some M37 parts, and some water jugs, etc. So I will.
      If you need something and are comming, post it so somebody can bring it for you... If you have something you'd like to part with, bring it...

The website with registration and other information is located at: http://www.gravesmountaintrailrides.com/

Hope to see a bunch of you there.

Comment

Working...
      X