Idaho Trail Ride picture #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idaho Trail Ride picture #1

I am posting a series of pictures from the Idaho Trail Ride. I finally figured out how to get the smaller size files that can be posted here.

This picture is of Digger Dan Garrett, Russ Erickson and John Eickhof's trucks with a cloud covered Matterhorn crater in the background.
    Attached Files

Idaho Trail Ride picture #2

This is Niall Irish's M-37. He lost his muffler at the same place last year, too. He broke a rear axle further along on this trail.
    Attached Files

Comment

Idaho Trail Ride #3

This is most of the group that made it to the end of the "road" to the edge of the Jarbridge Wilderness. We made it in 3.2 miles past where the road washed out some years ago to the trail head into the wilderness area.

The local Jarbridge residents were extremely happy to have us make it to the trail head because the Department of the Interior is trying to close down the local trails and roads. This is the place where the 'Shovel Brigade' rebuilt another washed out road 2 years ago in defiance of the Dept. of Interior.
      Attached Files

Comment

Idaho Trail Ride #4

Niall Irish has his winch line rigged through a snatch block on Digger's truck and attached to Steve Elliott's Unimog. Niall has a broken rear axle at this point and is winching himself out of the river back to the road. This short trip took all day to complete.
        Attached Files

Comment

Idaho Trail Ride #5

This is Digger Dan Garrett in his M-37 and Steve Elliott in his Unimog breaking trail to the wilderness boundary. Digger's M-37 is totally stock with open differentials. He made it up a very nasty hill without help, and then he had to pull the Unimog up after. Who says Unimogs are better off road than M-37's??
          Attached Files

Comment

Re: Idaho Trail Ride picture #2

Originally posted by Russ Erickson
            This is Niall Irish's M-37. He lost his muffler at the same place last year, too. He broke a rear axle further along on this trail.
            My mufler did just that last spring at the Ameila County Iron and Steam Show. One second it's quiet, the next it sounds like your on the "Flight line" thanks 4 sharing. I have yet to break an axel!!
            Again, Great Pic's,

Comment

Re: Idaho Trail Ride picture #2

Originally posted by Russ Erickson
              It looks like it is some kind of underground power generator....
              Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Working...
              X