Eickhof & McKenzie at Tibus's shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eickhof & McKenzie at Tibus's shop

On Saturday, I met John Eickhof and Marty McKenzie in Ogden, Utah at Daniel Tibus's 'Killer Axles' shop, where Marty picked up the M-37 that he bought from Daniel. The attached picture shows John Eickhof directing Marty onto Marty's trailer while Daniel looks on.

What a nice M-37! It has Daniel's selectable locker in the front differential and Daniel's Killer Axles. It also has a GM 6.2 liter diesel with an overdrive 5-speed. Daniel was stopped earlier this year for speeding in Idaho (in excess of 75mph!!!), but wriggled out of a ticket when he produced all German paperwork, including vehicle registration and driver's license - the patrolman apparently didn't want to spend all of his days off confering with a translator and writing it up.

Marty and John should be in Ouray, Colorado by now, so Marty can test drive his new M-37 in some pretty demanding country.

John left his pet rattler in Idaho. He was probably afraid the Texans were going to barbeque it and have it for lunch.

Retry on posting the picture

I don't know what went wrong, so here goes again.
    Attached Files

Comment

Trailer Question

Hey Russ,
      What type of trailer is that, is it a tilting trailer, and was it custom made?
      Thanks,

Comment

What did Daniel wind up selling that thing for? Just curious....

Comment

Answers

Marty's trailer is very slick. It has electric/hydraulic lift for the bed, and it also has electric/hydraulic extension of the ramps. On top of that, it has a built in winch at the front. I don't where he got it, but I'll bet my pay for a month that it's worth more than my pay for a month!

You'll have to ask Marty what he gave for the M-37, I believe that's his business to disclose. I do believe he got a great deal, though. He should be back on-line in about a week after playing in Ouray.
          Attached Files

Comment

Russ, what are killer axles?

That trailer is very nice, I want one, too.....
            Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Re: Answers

Originally posted by Russ Erickson
              Marty's trailer is very slick. It has electric/hydraulic lift for the bed, and it also has electric/hydraulic extension of the ramps. On top of that, it has a built in winch at the front. I don't where he got it, but I'll bet my pay for a month that it's worth more than my pay for a month!

Marty picked up his trailer in Clarinda, Iowa. I met him in Fairfield and saw it before he had ever hauled anything with it. A real nice rig!

Clint

Comment

http://www.hhtrailer.com/

Marty's H&H Trailer is a beauty! I ran his battery down playing with the hyraulic tilt and ramps all day long! ha! ha! Not really but it is one sweet hauler, all stainless, all business!
                Go to the link above for more info.
                MN

Comment

Killer axles

Daniel makes very strong axles for M-37's and other applications, but doesn't make them for civilian Power Wagons at this time. He uses 4360 (?) alloy and hardens them twice. The first hardening is entirely through the axles, then he machines the splines, etc., and then he case hardens the machined unit. They are supposed to be over twice as strong as the stock axles.

He also makes a selectable locker for Dana 30's, 44's and 60's that is a real jewel and appears to be indestructible. He made a prototype for the M-37 he sold to Marty, but isn't producing it for the M-37 / Power Wagon differentials at this time.

Daniel also stocks a bunch of Unimog portal axles and modifies them for extreme rock crawlers with disk brakes and extra strong axles. It's pretty neat having this resource so close to me.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Do you know if he plans to begin actual production of these locking differentials for Power Wagon and M-series Dodge axles?
                    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Working...
                    X