Rocky Mountain Power Wagon Rendeveous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocky Mountain Power Wagon Rendeveous

Is there a Rocky Mountain Power Wagon Rendevous this year?

Frank

Carl has had schedualing problems with his work, and has told me he won't be attending. Ditto for me and GUS. Wish we could make it but we've already had too much fun this year!

Maybe Keith Nordel will make it again, but I have no other info on the other tribe members.

Dave
    1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
    1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
    2001 Dodge 2500 (Dish...formerly Maney's Mopar)
    1978 Suzuki GS1000EC (fulfills the need...the need for speed)
    1954 Ford 860 tractor
    1966 Chrysler LS 16 sailboat (as yet un-named)
    UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FITS

Comment

Rocky Mtn Rendevous

I could not make Ouray this year due to my son's surgery which is scheduled for tomorrow.

However, I would like to host the event here in the Canon City area some year if folks are interested. Since this is high desert rather than high mountains, we would need to move the dates to mid-September as it is consistently 100 degrees f here now. Unlike Ouray, we would wheel between 5,000 feet in elevation up to 10 or 11,000 feet and back again. Also, this would entail some overnight camp trips, such as Medano Pass to the Sand Dunes, Hayden Pass and Mt Blanca, and some long day trips like Chinaman's Gulch. Any takers?

Comment

I'm in!

Hey Keith!

Hope the surgury was uneventful...something like tonsils I trust?

I've not had a chance to wheel in the areas you've mentioned and I think it would be a blast! I am still committed to Canyonlands in October of '06, but have no other trips planned. I would be cool to take a couple of weeks and start at your Rendevous, and continue on over to Canyonlands from there.

Keep me posted and let me know if you need any help organizing this thang! I will update Carl, Terry and Habeeb, if you've not already done so.

Dave
        1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
        1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
        1954 Ford 860 tractor

Comment

Rendevous

Thanks for the offer - I would appreciate some help. The toughest thing for me is pre-running all the trails in the weeks/months before the event to make sure everything is open (the BLM is closing trails like crazy!) and ready to run, as my free time is so limited. I would envision a Friday through Wednesday non-event so all the working-class stiffs like myself can use weekend time.

Also, if there are any trails around here you want to run please let me know so we can work it into the non-agenda.

Comment

Keith

I am not familiar with the trails in your area. Do you happen to know if Charles Wells has a "Guide To" book for the area your're thinking of? I'd like to do some homework can do some homework.

DAB
            1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
            1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
            1954 Ford 860 tractor

Comment

Working...
            X