Tennesee trail ride May 18-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tennesee trail ride May 18-21

I am putting a trail ride together on May 18-21 in Oliver Springs ,TN at Windrock OHV for anyone who is interested. This will be our third trip to Windrock where we usually have 9-11 trucks run the trails. This is a very informal trail ride, it's not a rally. It's just a group of folks with their trucks riding the trails in the Tennessee mountains.They have 72,000 acres with 160 miles of marked and rated trails in some really beautiful coal country. You can check their website for FAQ about the area at www.coalcreekohv.com or email me for details and to let me know if you'd like to join us. We have had M-37's, Power Wagons, Rams,Townwagons and a 49 Willys CJ 2 run these trails so come on out and join us. We are staying at the Super 8 in Oak Ridge which is 6 miles from the trail head.

Ron,
    You might want to change the date here...
    June 8-11 I believe?

I'll be out enjoying the sun and scenery in Hawai`i.
    But I'll be thinking of you and all the excitment I'll be missing.
    Plus two townies and the ram charger!

Pieter

Comment

Thanks Pieter I should do that, we have changed the trail ride to June 8-11 and yes I know that's the Iowa rally date but it's the only time we can do this. I'll be at the Iowa rally next year for the 20th.

Comment

Hey Ron.

I live in Knoxville and in the process of hunting parts to build a trail beast out of my '78 Powerwagon. want to go with 3/4 ton stuff so there is much work to do because this is a W150. Probably won't have it together in time. But I usually wheel in my Grand Cherokee 3" lift w/ 31 ATs.
        Trust me, it loves WindRock.

Might see you there!

Comment

Sounds good, we have another Cherokee and a 49 Willys CJ2 coming with us. Just look for the Power Wagon bunch, we'll be at the Super 8 Thursday night or at the trailhead parking lot by 8 AM Friday and Sat.

Comment

Still on for Windrock??

Got to thinking, need a couple more mods for my ZJ before I do some trail riding. One for sure is a gas tank skidplate. My class 3 hitch is what saved it last time I was at Windrock. Also I have a xfer case skid I need to install. Have to hunt for a gas tank skid.
            REALLY need some rock rails. But don't have the bread for them right now. :(
            A rear locker would make me king of Windrock. But don't have the money for that either.

EDIT!

Sorry guys, won't be able to make it this weekend. Got family matters to attend to.
            Last edited by Dr. Righteous; 06-07-2006, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X