Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volo, Illinois MV Show Canceled.

Howdy:

I had just called the Volo Auto Museum to see what was up with their MV show this year. In past years, they sent out a mailing to let people know about the show & to register. I hadn't gotten that yet, so I called. They told me it was canceled due to lack of interest. Only 2 people had signed up. I was NOT one of them.

I was then told they DIDN'T do a mailing this year. Gee, ya think that maybe THAT'S why nobody signed up? I find that not everybody is on the net or net savy. Especially the old timers. Then, to make it more difficult, ya have to go thru a bunch of changes to get to the ACTUAL calander of events. It seems they have 2. Oh well, I'm BUMMED!

Later
    Ugg

We held the World Series last week, we didn't advertise, sell tickets or use any media...and nobody showed up....
    DOH!
    Sounds like they had someone new in charge of PR, someone who should be at their new cleaning toilets job by Thursday....

Comment

Hey Norm:

Talk about buck passing. The woman I talked to didn't even identify herself (it's nice to know the name of the person your talking to). Of course it's ALL the boss's fault, his decision, his direction, his choice. She can only argue so much, ect.... BS! I know the boss does have some issues, he was trying to pass off a M608 as a WC 54, still, he HAS created and maintained a VERY succesful business.

I have no idea who this woman is or what her function is at the organization, but she is not the guy that was doing the show since it started. She went on & on about the MV exhibit there and how they treat current service people. SO WHAT! What the heck does that have to do with the price of tea in China? She also WOULD NOT let me talk to the boss, something I have done in the past (in depth, on the phone & in person).

I was kinda hoping if enough people contacted Volo, they may reconsider, but I think this broad will probably try & block anything like that, to CHA (instead of CYA). Oh well. Got some good news on the Beast yesterday (sorta).

Later
      Ugg

Comment

Working...
      X