White Rim Trail, Utah, October 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Rim Trail, Utah, October 2007

Just got back from the Canyonlands National Monument in Utah. Here are some shots from the White Rim Trail. We took three days, two nights, to cover 100 miles of desert wheeling. The '51 Dodge M37 took it all in stride. Enjoy
    Attached Files

White Rim Trail

Hey Keith, I'm jealous as heck that I couldn't go along with you. I've started down that trail, but didn't get too far. We're running some new material in the plant, and we have international visitors this week as well as last week, so I couldn't get away. Are you planning to get to Moab after Easter, 2008?

Comment

Nice...

Originally posted by Keith in CO View Post
      Just got back from the Canyonlands National Monument in Utah. Here are some shots from the White Rim Trail. We took three days, two nights, to cover 100 miles of desert wheeling. The '51 Dodge M37 took it all in stride. Enjoy
      Sorry I couldn't make it, Keith. It looks to be all I had hoped. I expect a full de-brifing!

Dave
      1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
      1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
      2001 Dodge 2500 (Dish...formerly Maney's Mopar)
      1978 Suzuki GS1000EC (fulfills the need...the need for speed)
      1954 Ford 860 tractor
      1966 Chrysler LS 16 sailboat (as yet un-named)
      UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FITS

Comment

That's a fun trail! Long but, you kind of get caught up in it...

I think this is looking across at your second photo...= )

Comment

Moab

Originally posted by Russ Erickson View Post
          Are you planning to get to Moab after Easter, 2008?
          Hey Russ, I would love to meet you guys in Moab after the Safari/Mobscene. Getting a tow rig together is the go/no-go obstacle, so I plan to move the CTD back into the garage this weekend to finish pulling the body, dive into the rear main seal, etc, etc.
          Attached Files

Comment

Exactly! If you like crowds Moab at Easter, if you like solutude, Moab in November is the best kept secret, the weather is pretty decent and there is less rain in Nov. than in October. Shop owners are widing down, but still open and happy to see any customers!
            Most campground close on Nov. 1. Some will stay open if you call in June or July and reserved a week, they'll stay open until the 10th for you when you do that.

Comment

Fall in Moab

Originally posted by MoparNorm View Post
              Exactly! If you like crowds Moab at Easter, if you like solutude, Moab in November is the best kept secret, the weather is pretty decent and there is less rain in Nov. than in October. Shop owners are widing down, but still open and happy to see any customers!
              Most campground close on Nov. 1. Some will stay open if you call in June or July and reserved a week, they'll stay open until the 10th for you when you do that.
              Agreed. From now on I hope to wait until November for fall Moab trips. The motels were maxed out last week, whereas starting in Nov they are mostly empty and the prices drop alot. Went in Nov '05 and it was so much less busy.

Comment

Aw... I was hoping for another picture!

Comment

Switch backs

Hey Norm, that's where the dog gets out and walks (grin). I almost get a nose bleed just looking at the switch backs.

Comment

Ha! As we got closer to Island in The Sky, I'm thinking, "Where's the tunnel? We don't have enough road left to go straight up!"
                    But straight up it goes!

Comment

Nice view of the Shaffer Trail, there Normie!
                      1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
                      1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
                      2001 Dodge 2500 (Dish...formerly Maney's Mopar)
                      1978 Suzuki GS1000EC (fulfills the need...the need for speed)
                      1954 Ford 860 tractor
                      1966 Chrysler LS 16 sailboat (as yet un-named)
                      UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FITS

Comment

Thanks Dave!
                        Just got in from the CA Rally, time to clean up my gear!

Comment

White Rim

Originally posted by MoparNorm View Post
                          Aw... I was hoping for another picture!
                          Where's the view?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks!
                            And the travel log of the West continues....= )

Comment

Working...
                            X