Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I needed a pickup bad and it looked like a bad pickup.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I needed a pickup bad and it looked like a bad pickup.

Sometime a couple decades ago I figured out that if I had a pickup that could tow a trailer I could make some extra money towing cars for the local wrecking yard. Being broke, extra money sounded like a good thing, but I didn't have much to spend, so I bought the cheapest truck I could find, a 65 D100 that a co worker had. That started my love for Mopars and pickups, but it was in pretty sorry shape when I got it, and within a couple years the cab fell off, so it wound up in the boneyard. It's still there keeping other Sweptlines on the road, the picture here is with my newest truck, a 70 D200. http://allpar.com/gallery/d/22580-2/...+and+2+_2_.jpg
    During the next ten years I aquired and pulled with a 50 Chevy panel, 50 Chevy flatbed, 72 D100 short bed, and a 57 Chevy 1 ton tow truck. Then I got a 77 Jeep J20 with bad rod and main bearings, and the four wheel drive bug bit. First time I took the J20 on a trail I managed to get it stuck, stiff suspension and open diffs don't play well on uneven terrain, but it was enough to make a new addiction, but I never could find a good 401 for it, so next came the 74 Plymouth Trailduster to provide the fix. It's one of the most surefooted vehicles ever built, and is set up now to do search and rescue with the local VFD during blizzards. http://allpar.com/gallery/d/15793-2/74+tduster+rf.JPG
    Since then I've aquired a 75 D300 club cab and the newest in the picture, the 70 D200. Some of the trucks have gone their way, but in addition to the 75 and 70 I still have the 74 Trailduster, 77 J20, 50 Chevy 1 ton, all are projects and the 70 D200 and the Trailduster are drivers, along with my 75 Duster. I really haven't had a Power Wagon, but I have plenty of Dodge trucks and Mopar four wheel drives, I hope that counts.
Working...
X