My First Power Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First Power Wagon

My first 1953 B-3 PW 126 Civilian Dodge Power Wagon. My dad owning a 1947 WDX and This is what got my obsession started! I was 16 years old When I bought this truck, I found many Obstacles I knew I could over come. For this Truck being from Central Montana living its life on a farm, Last knowing the engine ran was somewhere in the Early 90s. at least the seller had told me. Determining the Gas tank was removed, and a little can of gas in the cab I knew I could start getting the truck to run. meanwhile after several tries the engine started sputtering and I something wasn't quite right, by the help of my dad he said it sounded like a valve not working. As I started by taking the head off the engine, and removing the head bolds in reverse order, I did find that the back Exhaust valve was stuck. With a couple days of soaking the stuck valve I slowly began working the valve. Slowly after getting the valve lubricated I looked the rest of the engine over and it was in great shape! Getting a new head gasket, putting the engine back together, I started cleaning the gas tank and hooking it back up and cleaning the Radiator crown. Before I noticed the coolant cap was missing Tho the crown was full of Carpet pieces and dead mice. After hours of boiling/cleaning then putting back together before I knew it I had everything back together and thus we were running! I started the restoration and began rounding up a box and oak floor and rear fenders. This Truck has the PTO Coming out the back with a selective gear speed box. I played a little effort towards the wheel brakes and hand brake, since I knew id just drive around on the ranch in low gear. It has new headliner, a new reupholstered seat and some window seals thus I had myself a Power Wagon dream come to life! 1015111313.jpg 1205110913.jpg 1113111419.jpg 1011121321.jpg

Such a fantastic Story. You started your Power Wagon obsession at 16 years old! Wow. That truly shows your dedication to saving these trucks passionately.
    Thank you for sharing this.
    1967 W200.aka.Hank
    1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
    2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

What a wonderful job you did on the truck.

Comment

Nice job Charles!
        Tim Ellis

1953 B4 PW
        2013 Dodge 2500 Diesel

Clean fingernails, free weekends, intact knuckles and financial stability are totally overrated.

Comment

Wow! Rags to riches, a beautiful job.

Comment

Working...
          X