How I got started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How I got started

It happened for me in March 1985 when I bought a '63 Dodge M37B1 to modify and use as a service truck in my grading business. I guess you'de say I wasn't quit satisfied with its performance, even though it was in very good condition.

I set out to do a few improvements, wanted diesel power, found out about the Hercules re-power engine, was able to link up and look at proto-type truck at White Owl Parts Rally in Kinston, N.C. Bought the first M37 diesel package sold in U.S. and installed it in my truck. Worked with that project doing installations several years, Hercules was sold and eventually went out of business. I then set out to do a diesel set-up of my own, wound up with a CUMMINS diesel, 5-speed over-drive trans., 4-wheel disc brakes with dual reservoir master cylinder, power steering, 4.89 ring & pinion gears, front wheel lock-out hubs, and a whole bunch of other goodies. I've since left the grading business and operate a full time M-series truck rebuilding shop, M-SERIES REBUILD. You can read the rest of the story at www.mseriesrebuild.com
    Last edited by Charles Talbert; 08-27-2003, 09:07 PM.
Working...
X