you never forget your first Dodge ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you never forget your first Dodge ...

I was 14 years old and a high school senior was trying to sell me his car. The car was a 1969 Dodge Charger and he wanted 75 bucks for it. During his convincing sales pitch, he poured bleach on the tires and raced all around the student parking lot. SOLD!

What a basket case that car was. Essentially the car had no brakes, holes in the exhaust, the rear end was shot and had body rot all the way through.

I got the thing home and worked on it every day after school. I welded on new quarter panels, got better fenders at the junkyard, welded in a new trunk and got the mechanics worked out. By the next school year, I had the envy of the student parking lot!

About that time my uncle bought a brand new 1979 Dodge pickup. I learned how to drive a standard in that truck. I've had many, many cars since those days and I still drive a Dodge. I love finding an old Dodge somewhere and bringing it back to life and putting them back on the road.

I wonder... will today's kids be lusting after Nissan Titan's, Toyota Tundra's, and the new Honda behemouth's? Better not be my kids!

Maybe I'm weird but I'm an American and I prefer to drive American vehicles.
Working...
X