I wanted a 4x4 van

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wanted a 4x4 van

I used to be a Chev man from way back when.When I was in my teens I seen a tricked out Willys Panel,and loved the look .A few years later,I relocated to Dawson Creek in northern BC.there were a lot Power Wagons,left over from the construction of the Alaska Hiway,but nothing really caught my fancy(I never heard of a Town and Country),one day I came across my truck sitting in a farmers field.I saw this old girl,and knew I found the truck of my dreams!As I was just twenty I grabbed an older buddy of mine,to make sure I didnt get burned(he was a trucker).So anyway I tracked the owner down and asked my bud what I should offer,he said $100.Well I really wanted that truck! So I turned to the farmer and said,"my buddy figures I should offer $100,but I bet you want $500".Well the farmer was estatic,I was estatic,and my buddy was flummoxed.On the way back to Tumbler Ridge all Gary could say was,"Dummy,you over paid $400,and I wasted my one day off!Well 23 yrs later I'm still driving the old girl daily(never been left on the side of the road),and he still delights in telling the story of how I found my truck.Best $500 I ever spent.BTW hes gone through 4 Fords in the meantime.

So...is it a 4x4 Van or a Town Wagon?.....= )

Comment

Just found your other post! I see that you had a Dream Catcher big enough to catch the Townie! ha!ha! Nice rig!

Comment

Ha ha, that's the difference between 'price' and 'GENUINE VALUE', something that Ford and Chevy owners don't quite grasp. Good deal at 10 times the price!

Comment

Jimmie, Jimmie, Jimmie:

I had OVER 500 K on my 79 Cheby Sub when I finally got rid of it. Most of the miles on it were hard (plowing snow). It had been rear ended by a 78 Chrysler New Yorker that had been runnin from the coppers. It still had it's original, unrebuilt, unrepaired engine, tranny (auto) & t-case when it left, all in fine (kinda) working order. Even the body was intact (mostly). I got lazy and didn't change the plugs after a plow season so they rusted in. My fault. It'da probably still be goin strong if I'da taken a bit better care of it. 8>( Oh well (sigh). Now as for F*rd's, well, I don't think there's anything you can do to em to make em last other than totally replacing EVERYTHING. HA!

Later
          Ugg

Comment

Hey Ugg!
            I was sure that they made at least ONE good one, glad that YOU got it!! ha!ha! You just HAVE to appreciate the Karma in that....= )

Comment

Norm:

I saw my 69 Cheby Panel truck still on the road 15 years AFTER I sold it. With 110K miles on my Buick, I was still able to bring the front end 4" off the ground from a dead stop, no brake toquing, although I did go thru several trannys. Hmmm, I wonder if the way I took off was why that kept happening? HA! I'm jest hopin the new owners of Dodge/Chrysler will bring it back to past glory. Them goosesteppers did a world of damage.

It always cracks me up hearin people tout their foreign made vehicles over American made ones. If ya maintain your vehicle, it could last forever. Ya go to other country's and all they want is American made stuff. Go figure.

Later
              Ugg

Comment

The grass is always greener.....the whole world complains about America, at the same time that they are flocking here like lemmings....

Comment

Originally posted by MoparNorm View Post
                  The grass is always greener.....the whole world complains about America, at the same time that they are flocking here like lemmings....
                  Good analogy, Norm, now how do we get them to go jump in the ocean...?

And again, though I post ornery things about GM's and Fords I've happily owned a '49, '55, '56, '71 and '74 Chevy, and Pontiac '54 Starchief, '67 Bonneville, '67 GTO 389 tripower/4spd convertible, '37 Cadillac La Salle V8 saloon, '75 Cadillac El Dorado, plus a '61 Ford stationwagon [300-6 with 3spd o'd, killer rig], a '56 hotrod Lincoln, plus Crosley Hot Shot, TR-3, Porsche RSK [yes], Porsche RO80 [yes], Porsche 356, Volkswagen, Simca Aronde, DB 280 SL, BMW carbed 5'r, 2 Opel, and a slew of other non-Mopar vehicles. Point for point, Mopars have been light years ahead of most of the others, except for the Merc 280 which was very special to me, and some of the Porsche.

In keeping with the subject of this post: my '67 Dodge Town Wagon is the single most enjoyable vehicle I've ever owned! Go figure.....

Comment

Boy, Are You Wrong,

Originally posted by MoparNorm View Post
                    They flock like freakin VULTURES! I had a friend who had a Korean wife (no, he didn't buy her). All she would say is how stupid we American's were. I would then ask her if she wanted to be a citizen. Of course, the answer was YES, with absolutely no delay. I then asked if that happened, wouldn't she become a stupid American? She stopped sayin that around me anymore & actually started treating me nice. Grrrr!

Later
                    Ugg

Comment

Working...
                    X