How about my kids first Dodge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about my kids first Dodge

I honestly believe that it is an illness sometimes - Sunday im out driving around on my own - just because - when down a country road real close to my place, i come across a bright white 1982 D150 reg cab long box with a for sale sign in the window. I screech to a stop and knock on the door - gentleman is a newly retired dodge mechanic looking to thin out the herd. Truck is solid but worn with a fresh 318 / 727 combo and we settle on $800 with a safety check. So my parents show up - well i need someone to drive my car home - when my Mom asks "what do you need another truck for?" I ponder this all the way home to my place where my mostly understanding girlfriend is waiting. I pull in the driveway and she is out side waiting and the fumes are rising, as i get out of the truck, Joe, her 15 soon to 16 year son walks outside to watch the slaughter and i get an idea. I walk right up to Joe - drop the key in his hand and tell him now he has something to drive on his birthday.

Now im sure i probably deserved the " What were you thinking ' speech that was about to be unloaded on me, but just maybe i was thinking about Joe. Im not sure it was the best idea i ever had but i had to bang on the window of the truck that night at 1130 to tell him to pack it in as he was still wiping 25 years of crud off the dash. And what could the girlfriend really say? Anyway i figured he deserved it for all the help he gives me and maybe i started him off on the right (Dodge) foot.

Andrew, that's one of the greatest things I've ever read, and I've got tears in my eyes ya big jerk! You just got a death-grip hug across all the miles between CA and Nebraska. I reckon your sweety just might fix you your favorites for din-din..... HAH!

Oh, that's right, you're in the mid-west where dinner is lunch, so you still have time for 'supper'. Sup-sup? Anyways, eat hearty bro!

Comment

Pic

Yes i know its a "D" but he likes it, and its not in to bad a shape. To bad to - i was eyeballin the 318 for my M37 j/k
      Attached Files

Comment

That is a pretty good looking truck. I think I envy you....
        Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Hey Drew:

Quick (& good) thinkin there (on BOTH topics). Forget the 318 for the M37. Haven't ya learned anything yet, the 37 needs a DIESEL! Ha! We're doin sumpthin similar with Maynard, as he's at that age, to young to drive (legally), & to old for Matchbox cars.

What we plan to give him will NEED work to get running, as I figure if he builds it, he'll be more of a responsible driver (as responsible as a 16 year old boy can be).

ENJOY
          Ugg

Comment

Oh i know its a diesel or nutin - the 318 was a fleeting thought - just a passing moment in time. The D150 does need some work - 25 years old is a little bit and it certainly wasent babied - the body is excellant but most everything else in need of some work. The kid does work his butt off for me - and im a huge believer in " scratch my back / scratch your back " besides i might need him to drive me around when im old and cranky(er)

Comment

Working...
            X