Dodge kid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodge kid

Heck, that's easy my dad was a Dodge salesman starting in 1945 after the war. I remember as kid of under 10 seeing 3 cream colored WDX or ??
    which were traded in sitting toward the back of the lot(cars were the volume sellers) thinking they were so cool.
    A year or so later there was an new Ecuador Blue & Mohave Beige 57 W100
    on the lot, I loved it. I turnred the wheel pushed in the clutch,WOW, what a truck. 32 years ago I bought it admiring the 57 just highly as much as I did as a 10 year old. Oh yeah I own WDX's too. LASTING MEMORIES

That's a great story!
    Any pictures?

Comment

Norm, I fiddled around one night until 2:00 trying to an avatar to no avail. Yes there are but I don't think I could get them on the site.
      And there is more to the story,too.

Comment

Attaching Pictures...

That is a great story, Horace, and I'd love to hear the rest of it!

Pictures are pretty easy to post. Believe me, if I can do it you can haha! When you click the 'Reply' button it opens a page with a window to type your message. Above it is a small window for 'Title' to put a sub-title header on the message you reply, like where I put 'Attaching Pictures' up above this message. There's also some really good message formatting tools above the message you're typing, I can explain those if you don't know what they do.

For picture attachment you scroll down on the reply page 'til you see the next section, 'Additional Options'. There you will see a header for, 'Attach Files' with a description of the types of files which may be attached like jpeg, jpg, gif, bmp and etc. Just click on the button, 'Manage Attachments' and that opens a new window. There's 3 smaller windows there, 'Browse Files' Click on 'Browse' and that opens up a directory for your computer. Go to your 'Pictures' or whatever folder and select a picture, double click it and it is added. 3 pics per post, but one per post is kindest to dial-up users.

You can post thumbnails that self enlarge when clicked on, or images, but there is a maximum file size for images. If you need further info on resizing etc, holler. Once you have selected the picture[s] just click on 'Upload' and they will be added to the post. The window does something, can't remember what, once upload is complete. I think it shows that images have been added just below. Close the window after upload, and then click, 'Submit Reply' and it's all on its way!

Comment

That is WAY too hard, just click on the yellow photo image in the reply section, tool box, directly above the text box.
          Then paste your photo URL into the box that appears and hit OK, you are then done....

Comment

Sorry URL ??? Toolbox?? it's been alomg time since I've pasted something, I've done it but ?? SORRY, I don't speak computer should take a class @ our library

Comment

URL is the address of each web page. If you have a PC, the box right above the screen that says: "Address", is the URL. Every picture has an URL for identification purposes.

When you hit the tab that says "reply" it opens a page where you just typed that response. The area you typed the response is called a text "box". Immediately above that text box are the "tools", where it lists 'fonts', 'sizes' and so forth. The lower line has a yellow icon of a photograph, click on it and paste your picture URL into the box that appears.
              You may or may not need a class, but I'd suspect that most of us here are self taught, just be observant and read all of the information on the screen, when you place your mouse cursor over an item on the tool box, in a few seconds it will display the box contents, just in case you forget what the icon means.
              If you still can't figure it out ask again, or ask a 5 year old....= )

Comment

That photo is on your computer at My Pictures, it should have displayed, but not using the yellow photo link. My bad, I should have explained that, the yellow photo link is for URL's that are stored on a third party service, such as Image Event or Web Shots and not on your own computer.
                There IS a way to post photos from your own computer, use "Additional Options" which display below when you are in the "Reply" mode. See the "Attach files" and "manage Attachments"? That is how you post photos from your own computer, sorry for the confusion, but we all went through it. Once you get the hang of it it's easy!
                (or you can email them to me and I'll post them for you if you get too irritated! ha!ha!)

Comment

Originally posted by MoparNorm View Post
                  That photo is on your computer at My Pictures, it should have displayed, but not using the yellow photo link. My bad, I should have explained that, the yellow photo link is for URL's that are stored on a third party service, such as Image Event or Web Shots and not on your own computer.
                  There IS a way to post photos from your own computer, use "Additional Options" which display below when you are in the "Reply" mode. See the "Attach files" and "manage Attachments"? That is how you post photos from your own computer, sorry for the confusion, but we all went through it. Once you get the hang of it it's easy!(or you can email them to me and I'll post them for you if you get too irritated! ha!ha!)
                  Ah, but Norm, my good man, that is precisely what I was explaining how to do :~ )

Comment

Originally posted by JimmieD View Post
                    Ah, but Norm, my good man, that is precisely what I was explaining how to do :~ )
                    Ha!Ha! I said "My Bad" ha!ha!
                    I was not thinking it completely through to the point that he may not have a third party photo service...I'm sitting in the corner right now....= )

Comment

Here's the rest of the story MR. Harvey. I do see an hpa0000 above attachments now.
                      This 57 W-100 was finally sold new to a resorter who soon died . The estate sold it to a customer of my dad's. The customer was a professional bulhead fisherman, being paid by the DNR to net rough fish from area fishing lakes. He then sold the fish to to a fish market. Probably one of the few 4x4 drivers who really needed a Power Wagon. Comes 1966 he traded the W-100 to my dad for a new D-100 w/ sure grip. The Power Wagon was used as a plow truck @ the garage for about 10 years. I bought it repainted it to it's original glory Ecuador blue & Mohave Beige from it's color change to red.
                      The fisherman bought a new 69 Power wagon from my dad then 72, 74, 76, 78, 79, 80,81 82, 83,84 85,86,87 until his death. This man never took more than 15 min to buy a new truck. I thought his occupation was different enough to warrant these lines.
                      Another story, Imagine hunting in a beautiful pine forest with your sons.A camp fire blazes for soon to devoured hot dogs as the full moon clears the dark green tree tops. JUST THEN, a wolf howls in the back ground puntuating a wonderful day, probably wishing too it could ride in the 57 W-100

Comment

here goes again

Comment

photo attachment

once again

Comment

photo attach

rear view.

Comment

57 dodge

ah...

when trucks were TRUCKS....