Mopar or Ridicule...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mopar or Ridicule...

I've never seen my PawPaw, my daddy or my brothers drive anything but Dodge. These guys take brand loyalty to a whole 'nother level. When I was born ('83) my daddy drove a '68 Charger w/ a 440. Ive seen pictures of it and it was cool. Forrest green with black rally stripes. Dang. Now he's got 2 PW's he uses on the farm and a new Cummins Ram daily driver. My big brother's first vehicle was a 74 PW with a 400. He put it up on 44s and has been buying/building them ever since. Now he's got half a dozen Power Wagons from '74 to '79. When it was time for me to drive I got a '98 Dakota 4x4 w/ a 318 second-hand from my dad's brother, Unka Bruce. Right away I put a lift and 33's on it.

Not good enough. When my 3 year-old nephew asked where my "little big truck" was at supper one day, I knew I had to upgrade pronto. I gave the truck to my little brother when I enlisted. When the contract with Uncle Sam ran out, I had enough in my war chest to get my dream truck, a '79 Dodge 4x4. I also had enough to get the 383 that I'm building on now. I'm officially in the club now, and while I feel his pain, it's a little fun to watch my little brother catch all the ****. Sorry, Steven.

I'm third generation Mopar myself with the fourth and fifth right behind me. My first 4x4 was a new 78 ClubCab with a 360 auto and limited slip with 4:10's. The kids called it Super Truck because we could all ride in it and had a great time. I pulled 3 semis out of the snow and ice one winter along with a number of cars and trucks. I put a factory 340 intake and Thermoquad along with headers and duals to the rear bumper. There is nothing like full time 4 wheel. I sold the truck and got an 86 Ram 4x4 but it wasn't the same as the 78. Enjoy the 79, maybe your little brother can move up on day too.

Comment

Working...
    X