Back into the Dodge world.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back into the Dodge world.

Hi all, my name is Alex, I'm 24 years old and I've been a member on here since 2005 but I haven't been here in forever. I just checked on my old posts.. Turns out its just one.. Its in the for sale section... First thing first.. My apologies. I'm a current Staff administrator in a forum local to my home here in Chesapeake, Va. and I have learned how rude it is to join a forum, post in the for sale, and then not show up again.. So my apologies to all. However, I never did sell the truck and still have it. But again.. Sorry ya'll.

As a matter of fact, I currently have two 1952 Dodge M37s. Both trucks are fairly complete, no canvas of course and both need interior and electrical work. Both trucks run soundly, but are pretty much used as party wagons on the family farm which also gets used as a private offroad park for my 4x4 club. The trucks always impress everyone. I aquired the trucks when I was 18 years old. They previously belonged to the municipal airport that I worked at from the time I was 15 until I went to college when I was 18. I worked on the trucks for the small airport and when I went to college I came home for Christmas break and went by to visit my old boss and the trucks had since been broken down and were in ill repair. At this point he offered them to me for sale, which was pretty much all of the money I had at the time. So I borrowed some more money from my parents and grandparents, since I was doing good in school they were ok with it and knew I would pay them back the following summer, which I did. I picked up both of the trucks and took enough care of them to keep one alive while using the other for parts.. sadly... So currently they both need some work but I don't have the time really to get to work on them. The reason being is that I have since bought a house about 3.5 hrs away from the family farm which the trucks still reside on.. Also, while I was in highschool, when I was 15 I bought a 1965 Mustang and restored that while I was working at the airport to pay for parts. In my senior year of highschool I bought a Jeep YJ wrangler as a daily driver to take to college. While in college I stepped up to a '97 TJ which grew up throughout college and now sits on 35"s with a full cage, 4.56s, and lots of other goodies. So as it got too big to be a Daily driver, I graduated college at the same time, landed a decent Job, a fiance, and bought myself a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Mega Cab 4x4 Cummins Truck, fire engine red, and just fixed up a Gooseneck trailer to haul the TJ around on. I had gradually aquired enough parts to continue to modify my TJ; Parts such as a 1 Ton Eaton Rear with a Detroit and 5.14s out of a Chevy C30, front High Pinion D44 out of a '79 High boy, 5.14s and a spool, hydro assist steering, NP435 Transmission, NP203 doubled to a Early Bronco D20, and a Ford 4.6 out of a Mark VIII with a stock Lightening blower... Well, I'm not so certain I want to put it all in the Jeep... Instead, I have a friend of the family with the remnants of an old Civie Power Wagon of unknown year and chassis, but I do know that its roughly a late 40 something... Theres not much left, cab, hood, fenders, and thats about it, doors too.. Sooo.. I really want to stuff my accumulated driveline parts under that.. I'm now here to hang out with all you guys and have help identifying and building / restoring my accumulation of 3 Power Wagons....

So.. Hello All... I'll sneak some pictures in here as I can dig them up...
    1942 WC53 Carryall in progress.

Dodge world

Welcome Alex. It sounds like you've got it pretty bad. Thats good. Now all you need is time and money....you might part out one of the M37s for some cash. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Comment

Thanks, yea, I thought about breaking down the one and parting it out, especially after I had some people come to look at buying it and never heard back from the and then two weeks later my grandfather found it ravaged in the back lot missing the troop seat racks, spare hold down, and a few other parts.

But yea, I need to go take another look at this Civilian one and see whether or not I can work with it. Otherwise I will be in the market for a Civilian model Basket Case truck.
      1942 WC53 Carryall in progress.

Comment

Welcome back ALXJ64! That was a great little story to read and really glad that it has such a happy non-ending.

Kind of amusing because every now and then I go out and look at the parts piles to see what's in there. That is, not exactly which particular parts so much as trying to figure out what kind of vehicle is hidden, depending on what's bolted to what???

Sorry about the unscrulous pirates, that stuff is getting worse by the day. Anyways, have fun, that's the main event!

Comment

Working...
        X