Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scotch Blocks/Chocks Question

Hi,

Reading one of the earlier posts about scotch blocks lead me to wonder if chocks spiked to the ground with a suitable length rod or rods works as well as scotch blocks.

Thanks

I would think so.
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Notification emails are bouncing, the email address you have listed is bad. Please change it in your control panel.
      Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

ground anchors

The military and others have suggested and use 'ground anchors' There are manufactured types that consist of a triangular spade type blade with a driving shank and a length of cable attached, for self recovery, you position 3 or more in an arc far enough away to get the mired vehicle onto firm ground, you place them by angling the point of the spade towards the vehicle (Like a tent stake) Take a pipe approx 3ft in length, place it on the driving stud, the hammer the spade as far into the ground as you can. Then combine the cables into one with an anchor shackle, then attach the winch line, As you apply winch pull the spades will continue to dig in until such resistance is enough to let the winch pull the vehicle. Once you are finished you simply pull the vehicle ahead of the spades and winch them out the way they went in. These anchors are also known as guy anchors for utility poles. They are quite handy, I carry 3 of them in every vehicle. They will wedge between large rocks too! They are quite inexpensive so if you can't retrieve one or two, they are cheap to replace. I recommend a spade no smaller than 5 inch. Depending on the size of the truck / winch, I have them up to 10 inches.

Comment

Working...
        X