Serial/Vin Number decoding please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serial/Vin Number decoding please

I cannot, for the life of me find a decoder for an 8 digit serial number. I would be very appreciative if someone would post the site they are using or look up #83911696. I will probably have some more questions for you guys once I find out the data on this truck. Thanks in advanced!!

Phil's Power Wagon Registry

Originally posted by 4low View Post
    I cannot, for the life of me find a decoder for an 8 digit serial number. I would be very appreciative if someone would post the site they are using or look up #83911696. I will probably have some more questions for you guys once I find out the data on this truck. Thanks in advanced!!
    http://www.t137.com/registry/help/decode.php

Great site. Check it out while you are there.

Comment

I almost forgot

Originally posted by 4low View Post
      Welcome to the forums 4low.

We have some brotherly bickering here once in a while. Most on the forums are a great bunch of guys though. We all like Dodge trucks and helping each other.

Search around, enjoy, and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Comment

Serial Number: 83911696 Year: 1949
        Make
        : Dodge
        Model
        : B-1-PW-126
        Engine
        : 230 Flathead Six
        Wheelbase
        : 126
        Rating
        : 1 Ton
        Engineering Code
        : T137
        Plant: Detroit, Michigan
        Build Number
        : 148

Haha, thanks for the welcome! I have been lurking for awhile, until my search function disappeared. I found a lot of helpful info with that function. I would like a 1 ton FFPW. I also would want to do a 4bta conversion with an od tranny down the road. I would want the truck in somewhat original condition but not show condition because what goods a truck if its not used for its intended purpose?! Hmm, the body looked near perfect, except for the bed and front bumper. I didn't see any cancer holes. Glass has bullet holes. Its missing door latches and hood latches etc but nothing that couldn't be replaced! It is lifted somewhere around 6-8 inches with old 35-37in tires. I wouldn't have the slightest idea of what this truck is worth. $1200 - $3000?

Comment

Welcome to the forums 4low...

How did you make out with your serial number question 4low?
          As Clint mentioned, Phil's T137 site has a great registry with lots of information and pictures.

Comment

Originally I wanted a w300m, but the B1 is a 1 ton and that's more important then model numbers. Because 1 ton drive train shouldn't matter with model variations? Please correct me if I'm wrong. To me the w300m and B1 look almost exactly the same anyway, except for the interior gauge setup. My buddy showed me this PW he said it has been sitting in this field for at least 4-5 years. He has a '71 PW, I should try to get him an account here! I'm curious if my previous post showed up. I posted all the info Clint's site gave me, which is completely amazing!

Comment

[QUOTE=4low;69291
              Glass has bullet holes.[/QUOTE]

Thats a not so rare option.

Comment

upgrades

That option just adds to the "cool" factor and when you drive down the road you get a slight breeze and possibly a slight whistle!! If the guy wants to sell it, I was thinking I should update the brakes to disc brakes. I saw some threads on this but the business went down and I think they were only for 1/2 ton? So where can I get disk brakes for this thing? The almighty power steering: I saw one thread on this and they said they used a combination of parts from Toyota and trail gear. I am curious if you guys have any links or tips on how I could accomplish a reliable power steering setup. I know A/C isn't important and you all are thinking I'm stupid for evening bringing up an expensive addon but is there enough room in the engine compartment for power steering and a/c to be added on to the 230 which will be replaced later to the 4bta. I know vacuum wipers don't operate the greatest in heavy snowfall and rain. Sooo I read some threads that maineSS had started. But from the sounds of it, there still isnt a good wiper setup for the FFPW? Can anyone confirm this? More questions will rise as I sit and ponder.

Comment

Upgrades can be found here...

http://www.uglytruckling.com/

Comment

Working...
                  X