Sort of Off Topic, Tool Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sort of Off Topic, Tool Question

I'm needing a full face respiratory mask, with multiple duty capability, media blasting and paint (volatile esters) applications.
    Any body have any suggestions that I won't have to mortgage the farm to purchase?
    I remember Gordon mentioning one that he liked?
    Thanks In Advance,

3-m

3-M makes everything from a $40 half mask painter's respirator to a $1600 full face SCBA air tank job.

Comment

...second the 3M vote

your local auto paint supply store probably has the common painters mask (respirator)in stock.

the 3M catalog will list the different filters available...
      the masks come in medium or large sizes to fit different face shapes...

with all the solvents and chemicals in today's products, it is IMPERATIVE that your protect your eyes and lungs from contamination.

wearing them is unusual at first, but I have worked with painters and bodymen who will not sand,grind or spray without one.

...second set of lungs are very expensive...when available

Comment

3M = Good

I already have a good 3M respirator, but wanted to upgrade to an entire face mask, or full face mask, similar to or like this one; http://www.zefon.com/store/3m-full-f...spirators.html

http://www.conney.com/webapp/wcs/sto...87_11285_11285

I can even live w/ the $$, I am assuming that the cartridges are extra?

Comment

At the bottom "filters and cartridges sold separately". The local Sherwin-Williams has a similar (maybe identical) 3M mask with cartridges/filters for over $200

Comment

Fetch-ed This One

This is the one I ended up with, from Tool Fetch; OH + ESD 6900-6000, Full Face, thru Amazon. It uses the same cartridges I already use, which is a plus, I think?
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Bruce; 04-26-2009, 04:48 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

BTW 3M stands for Minnesota Mining & Manufacturing....inventors of wet-dry sandpaper, masking tape, Scotch-Brite pads and Post-It notes among other things (I'm a real cliff claven sometimes).

Comment

Cheers

We got Norm, Clif, I'm sure there is a Woody here somewhere?

Comment

cartridges

Also its best if you don't open those cartridges until you are ready to use the mask and then store them in an airtight bag while not in use..Exposure to air kinda uses them up I guess.

Comment

Working...
                  X