WC Brake Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WC Brake Question

The rear brakes cylinders on my '42 WC lock up after being used on short outings. I have to bleed of the excess pressure thru the bleed fitting to continue driving. Anyone ever have this problem? I have replaced the three rear hoses and the lines look solid. Where else should I check? I'm a little baffled as this is a single circut system and the fronts are fine.

Thanks for your help

I'd still look at the master cylinder. A bad residual valve or clogged return port, even a bad adjustment on the pushrod could cause the problem. You may not be seeing it in the fronts because the front return springs are stronger and/or the rears are adjusted closer or are smaller and take less fluid before they lock up.

You might try getting the back to lock up and then try bleeding the front to see if that releases the back wheels. If it works its probably in the MC, if not the problem is at the front/rear tee or aft.

Comment

Brake Problem Solved

There was slight pressure at the front wheel cylinders. Swapped out the MC. Everything is working properly now and now I have the correct MC, not the M37 model that was in my WC. Thanks for your help.

R

Comment

Working...
      X