dump truck bellhousing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dump truck bellhousing

im working on a '76 w100 club cab (440/727/203). the 440 is ready for the machine shop and i have put 3/4 ton axles under it. anyway i would like to put a nv4500 in it and i found a 361 w/bellhousing out of a 1970 600 series dump truck. the only thing is that the clutch fork is on the passanger side. can i make this work in my truck and will the nv4500 bolt up to this bellhousing? sorry if this is a dumb newbie question

Well the bellhousing you found is for a hydraulic clutch. I don't know what all is involved or what's compatable with the nv4500.

Bucky

Comment

ok thanks

Comment

Yep, the bell housing you found is a big block hydraulic bell for the medium duty and earlier 60's, I believe up til 68, light trucks. It should have provisions on the bottom to mount it to a crossmember as they didn't use a transmission crossmember. In my opinion, putting that bell into a later truck would be a nightmare. I just went through the conversion on my 67 W200 as it was a small block truck. The flywheel needs a 186 tooth ring gear for the direct drive starter to engage. To use the setup on my 440, I had to fill the 8 bolt pattern and have a machine shop drill it for the 6 bolt, have it balanced and finally machine a spacer between the crank and the flywheel so it would clear the bellhousing. If you're still going to tackle it, feel free to ask anymore questions. The back of the bellhousing should have enough meat so you could drill and tap for the NV4500, but I've never seen that tranny in person so I'm not certain.

Comment

Working...
        X