Pressed in Grease fittings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressed in Grease fittings?

I have a grease fitting that does not seem to have a hex head, or anything to grab hold of to replace it with..

and that reminds me that i have seen grease fittings w/o threads. Are there such fittings that are pressed in, and how does one get the old one out to replace it?

Not Hard 2 Do

I have never seen that, but I haven't seen it all yet!
    You could cut the buggered up one off or give it a yank, tap the correct thread size, make sure there aren't any filings in where the grease goes, install the Zerk fitting ans grease away!
    JMHO,
    Last edited by Bruce; 09-28-2009, 04:13 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Mills View Post
      I have a grease fitting that does not seem to have a hex head, or anything to grab hold of to replace it with..

and that reminds me that i have seen grease fittings w/o threads. Are there such fittings that are pressed in, and how does one get the old one out to replace it?
      There is press in or drive in type grease fittings, all sizes available at NAPA. Likely not on the shelf, but no problem to get, have them look under grease fittings in the "PSA" catalog.

Just grab the old one with vise grips and persuade it a little, usually not hard to get out.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Talbert View Post

Just grab the old one with vise grips and persuade it a little, usually not hard to get out.
        I can do that, Thanks Charles.

Comment

Working...
        X