rivets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rivets

anyone know of a tool or procedure for installing factory type rivets on flat fender power wagon's fender mounting brackets?

June, 2008, power wagon advertiser magizine goes thru the whole process. making the tools, jigs, and how-to. Dave.

Comment

rivets

Thanks Dave, I remembered seeing it somewhere and also found another letter in the forums. I think I'll go with with the bolts. These are two spare fenders I have and would like to save them from the " tin worm " as an English friend calls rust. I spend a lot of time restoring my spare parts as well as my truck.

Comment

K-2, I replaced a fender on my 58 a whileback, it had bolts in it! the 58 fender had rivets!, so I've now got one with and one w/out. for me it's better than the bent fender on the truck and it does't wear on me like some other things.(I drive mine almost every day). maybe someone else knows a breakdown on years that had rivets and those that had bolts. I don't know that so I will concede to a higher source. one other thing, do not be tempted to put stove bolt type bolts in to make it look like rivets. ten years down the road trying to get them apart again very well may do a lot more damage to the peice than was ever intended.(hard to hold a rusty round head while trying to remove a rusty nut) two hexs and two vise-grips, twist& break, done! good luck, Dave.

Comment

Working...
        X