winch drag brake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winch drag brake

The winch on my M37 had some kind of device held onto the winch clutch housing by two screws. It looks like it may have dragged on the drum flange at one time from the marks on the flange like some kind of brake. It is now broken off and I don't even know what it looks like when intact. Anyone know what it is or was and where I can get one?

I think you are describing the clutch shift lever's indexing plate that does attach to the housing with two screws. It''s item AR in this view.

Comment

drag brake

Thanks for the reply Carter. The piece I'm looking for is between the housing and cable drum flange. Looking at the outside of the clutch housing, on the drum side, it is located at about the 7 oclock position. Today, I found an exloded view of the winch; key (AL) brake part #8328017. Unfortunately, the picture is too small to get a good idea of what it looks like. It looks to be in the lower/right in your picture.
      Last edited by kodiak2; 02-25-2010, 02:18 AM. Reason: add sentence

Comment

OK, now I understand, in the parts breakdown I have it's called a "Brake, Winch Cable Drum Drag Assy." and like the exploded view you found, mine is also so small it's hard to see what it looks like. It's item XX in this shot.

Comment

Working...
        X