M-37 Drive Pinion Flange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M-37 Drive Pinion Flange

Does anybody know the standard size for the flange that mates to drive pinion on the front and rear axle's? I'm having custom drive shafts made to accommodate my 4BT/Spicer/NP-205 drivetrain. I have several options on the transfer case as far as yokes, but I can't find any information out there in regards to a standard size of the flange required to mate to the pinion flange. Other than giving the maker of the drive shaft the bolt circle dimensions I'm not sure how to get the correct flange. Any help is greatly appreciated...

I'm sure it's unique to the M's NP200 Transfer case. Best to remove one of the flanges or the mating part from the stock drive shaft and send it to the new shop.
    I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
    Will
    WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
    1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
    1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
    1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
    2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

Originally posted by mastermechanic19 View Post
      Does anybody know the standard size for the flange that mates to drive pinion on the front and rear axle's? I'm having custom drive shafts made to accommodate my 4BT/Spicer/NP-205 drivetrain. I have several options on the transfer case as far as yokes, but I can't find any information out there in regards to a standard size of the flange required to mate to the pinion flange. Other than giving the maker of the drive shaft the bolt circle dimensions I'm not sure how to get the correct flange. Any help is greatly appreciated...
      The pinion spline is a 1.181 diameter with 10 splines and the seal diameter for the end yoke is 1.875. I would replace the flange end yoke with a Spicer end yoke so you can use a Spicer universal joint. Spicer #3-4-2051 will allow you to use a 1350 Spicer U joint.

Frank

Comment

Thanks for the info-I'm guessing you've already done this and its working nicely? Might I ask where you sourced the spicer yoke?

Comment

Frank, Great Info Thanks!

http://www.actionmachineinc.com/EndYoke.aspx

I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
          Will
          WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
          1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
          1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
          1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
          2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

Originally posted by mastermechanic19 View Post
            Thanks for the info-I'm guessing you've already done this and its working nicely? Might I ask where you sourced the spicer yoke?
            Actually I never bought this yoke. When I was building my C3PW I was going to use a centered rear housing from a WC and wanted to strengthen the driveline by using the biggest joints that would fit the application. I have a Spicer end yoke catalog that I researched my part info from for both the axle end and transfer case end with the idea of using a bigger driveshaft and joints behind the V8. This was before the internet, so I have kept the catalog (1985) with my notes. Evidently the part no is still good as Will's post shows. I ended up swapping the WC for a Dana 70 rear, and swapping the front axle for a Dana 70F from an IHC. I still have the centered rear and the complete front axle if anyone is interested. I get Spicer parts from MSI in Waukesha.

Frank

Comment

Working...
            X