59 D100 vs 59 W 100 Body Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 59 D100 vs 59 W 100 Body Parts

An old mechanic here has a 59 two weel drive 1/2 ton and I am wondering if the door glass,windshield,door panels etc. would be the same as the 59 W100.
    The stainless trim pieces look the same but when I was standing beside the D100 it seemed so small in comparison.it is setting on flat tires too.
    Mine W100,the door windows are broke out and the window channels almost non existent and the ones on the D100 looks to be pristine.
    Mine needs a radiator or get Mine recored at the tune of approx. 500 bucks and I can get this whole pickup for 200.00,it had a new radiator about twenty years ago but did`nt get drove very far with the new radiator,I think the engine got overheated and needed work,the old mech. bought the pickup,pulled and disasembled the engine{318} then never put it back together,He hauled most the engine pieces to the scrap several years ago.
    Any information and advice will be greatly appreciated.

Door parts you are looking at will interchange with no problem. The trick is getting the glass out. You have to remove the vent window FIRST by removing the screws at the top and bottom of the vent. Look for the small holes it takes a phillips head screw driver. Pulling the rubber back helps. Remove the bolt at the bottom of the track channel and tip the vent to the rear of the opening. Pull out the vent and twist it to clear the brace at the bottom of the track. Now you can remove the window glass by sliding it off the guide at the bottom. Keep note of the inside and outside of the glass for the track at the bottom of the window. Reverse this to install.
    I'd check the outlets on the radiator to see if they are on the correct side for your truck. A $200 parts truck is a good deal if most of the parts are there. You'll find the little stuff you may have missing on the parts truck. The front fenders are different from a D to a W due to the flares. All other parts will work short of the drivetrain and suspension parts. It also makes good trading stock or selling off what you don't need AFTER you make sure you have everything.

Comment

Thank You again Ron.
      You are a world of wisdom when it comes to these old Giants,it seems that You have probably been working on these for quite sometime to have the technique so well established.
      People like You,that have the knowledge and wisdom,when it comes to helping out someone whoooom has`nt been there so much is what makes these forum websites a wonderfull thing.
      Thank You very much.

Comment

You are most welcome. I see no sense in keeping what I've learned to myself if I can help someone from reinventing the wheel. When I started working at 16 my car battery died and I needed a jump start. A plumber came by and helped me out with a jump. I asked what I owed him and he said, help the next guy. I've never forgotten that in 40 years and don't intend to either. They say that what goes around comes around, I hope so. I've made many friends through this hobby over the years, some I've met face to face. Others just on the internet but I count them as friends just the same. I offer my knowledge such as it is to any and all. All I ask is, help the next guy.

Comment

I,too do what I can for others around Me.
          sometimes I`ll do something to help someone out,the wifey is always"How much did You get??" Well nothing,It looked to Me like they had less than I so I cant charge them,"OH GOD"She`ll reply.
          To some it is all about what can I get out of You,for Me it is,is there something I can do to help You out.
          I enjoy giving but I do mind when it is a "You will give Me" kind of a situation.LOL

Comment

Working...
          X